2017~2024 Climate Control question

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Outside temp 90+, interior temp 100+ start car, turn climate control on, interior temp setting is 68, fan starts blowing warm air. Wait a few minutes, still warm air then realize the A/C indicator is not on. Press the A/C button and cold air starts blowing.
I thought the whole idea of climate control was the car determines if it needs A/C and it should manage that itself. Why do I have to turn the A/C on like it's a manual system?
It only does this once in awhile, is there some set of circumstances that triggers it to deactivate A/C?

When you say 'turn on' are you pressing the Auto button?

If so, I'd say it's odd that the A/C doesn't turn on. In all my vehicles with Auto climate control, the A/C is always on (or at least the A/C light is on) in Auto mode.

Make sure the "Auto and Sync" buttons are pressed. That way you get A/C out of both sides of the CX-5. The passenger side could be set to a different temp.

Make sure the "Auto and Sync" buttons are pressed. That way you get A/C out of both sides of the CX-5. The passenger side could be set to a different temp.
I'll check that out. Kinda remember that the Sync light is illuminated on the passenger side.

When you say 'turn on' are you pressing the Auto button?

If so, I'd say it's odd that the A/C doesn't turn on. In all my vehicles with Auto climate control, the A/C is always on (or at least the A/C light is on) in Auto mode.
I'm pretty sure I was pressing the A/C button. Just need to make sure the Auto setting is enabled. Probably something simple.

Its a shame that Mazda failed to design the moonroof w/o ability to tilt up for venting, with louver shade (like my VW Golf had). I get in a mica blue and its roasting.

Wlong01,
Any improvements?? I run my A/C temp at 68 here in humid MA. I open the windows and open the sunroof and drive a little and close the windows and leave the sunroof open for a bit. Works for me.

Macanix,
The sunroof tilts up in the back side of the CX-5.

Wlong01,
Any improvements?? I run my A/C temp at 68 here in humid MA. I open the windows and open the sunroof and drive a little and close the windows and leave the sunroof open for a bit. Works for me.

Macanix,
The sunroof tilts up in the back side of the CX-5.
Haven't had a chance to check. Home all day today. Will check out tomorrow.

Finally got a chance to check. Have been rolling with just the sync setting on. That's why climate control isn't automatic. Set it to auto/sync and system seems to work like it should.
Only thing is - it will blow the fan at a high speed to get the maximum amount of air into the cabin and if you attempt to lower the fan it will kick the system out of auto.

At least I now know why A/C isn't automatically on and I can live with it.

Finally got a chance to check. Have been rolling with just the sync setting on. That's why climate control isn't automatic. Set it to auto/sync and system seems to work like it should.
Only thing is - it will blow the fan at a high speed to get the maximum amount of air into the cabin and if you attempt to lower the fan it will kick the system out of auto.

At least I now know why A/C isn't automatically on and I can live with it.
Yeah, when you manually change a setting, such as fan speed, that means you are no longer in auto. That's how auto climate control has worked in the dozens of cars I've used it in across many brands. A few brands, I know BMW specifically allow you to adjust in settings a maximum fan speed for the auto setting, so you can keep full auto without the loud fan at high speed. Mazda does not have that functionality.

I'm learning in my 2 weeks of owning a '21 Signature that Mazda has some work to do to improve their software implementation is several areas... wipers in auto don't complete the cycle and park when turning off ignition, auto headlights don't turn on when auto wipers activate at an intermittent speed, remote start turning off when door is opened, Sirius song titles are truncated (even though data is available and artist and albums are not truncated), gauge brightness settings have a huge gap between full brightness and 1 click dimmed.

They did program the seatbelt reminder to give you a few seconds after starting the car before it dings which is smart and appreciated, even though I generally buckle in first to avoid unnecessary chimes in any car. So they pay attention to some details but completely whiff on others.

Back