Choosing a Downstream High-Flow Cat

MazdaSpeeder

:
Protege5 (5-spd)
I'm trying to pull all the parts together for a probe header swap, and my SLS midpipe will have to be replaced by a custom one. I want to keep a downstream cat because I'm currently really happy with the sound of the car (with one cat...doesn't need to be any louder!). I've looked at the various magnaflow high flow cats, and other than knowing I want a 2.5 diameter, I'm at a loss for determining what cat I should get. Does anyone have any experience with magnaflow downstream cats? Recommendations appreciated!

If you want to keep it as quiet as what you have now and use a high flow cat you will need to add a resonator as well, just a high flow will make it louder

I was thinking about one of their resonators instead...are you happy with the quality?

yes sir very much, i have the stock resonator, and a vibrant performance stealth muffler(2yrs+ old) and have not had a single isssue, i have a video of it if you would like to hear it but its not a driving video just revving it...

Anyone have any experience with the Dynomax Bullet Race Muffler as a resonator? Looking at that along with the Magnaflow and Vibrant to keep my car from being ricey loud.

Anyone have any experience with the Dynomax Bullet Race Muffler as a resonator? Looking at that along with the Magnaflow and Vibrant to keep my car from being ricey loud.

They really don't do much for sound. there still loud as hell. I put one on my buddies mini truck and its still pretty loud

I have the Magnaflow down-stream cat. It's the OE replacement version with the flanges and exhaust hangars welded on.
It's nice and a little bit lighter than the stock one. The angle of the exhaust flange connecting to the J-pipe was off by a couple of degrees so I had to grind the holes larger on the J-pipe's flange.

Back