chipping a diesel

mountcraig

:
cx5 gsx 2.2 diesel 2014
Has anyone performance chipped a diesel cx5 with an off the shelf chip? Any advice? Im in New Zealand so will be getting one on line. They appear to just plug in. Will I get black smoke? Thanks to any replies. .

Idk about chips. Actual tuning usually yields actual results whereas "chips" a. Do nothing or b. Spoof signal inputs like increase thottle % from a lesser press on the pedal.

thanks for the input

Im looking to get a new one next year so would prefer to be able to swap it over

Just read up on versatune. Could be the way to go. Cheers ;). I assume you can use it on more than 1 car

Just read up on versatune. Could be the way to go. Cheers ;). I assume you can use it on more than 1 car

It is licensed per VIN number and is not transferable to a different VIN. The license can be transferred to the new owner when you sell the car.

Im also from NZ , probably the first person to get the car tuned from scratch that I know of,.

no smoke I noticed but heaps more power , what a delight a bit sooty so cleaning car more often.

transformed the car , but was a real experiment and I'd probably suggest versatune for no hassle repeatable results

Has anyone performance chipped a diesel cx5 with an off the shelf chip? Any advice? Im in New Zealand so will be getting one on line. They appear to just plug in. Will I get black smoke? Thanks to any replies. .

Back