Check out this WRECKED CX-9 on eBay!!!

While searching for a sunroof seal on ebay...I came across a listing where IAA is parting out a CX-9.
This thing is wrecked good!!!

_12_zps0220ded9.jpg

The luggage rack and tail lights look like they held up pretty good...............

Yeah...I looked on the sellers page for the other parts on the car, he has the driver door listed like it's fine with no problems, but obviously that door is bent. When the top of the door is out like that, it means the shell is bent.

Wow... that thing took/gave a HIT! I would say that any large panel on that car would most likely have issues. Even the rear doors could be a little wonky with that heavy of a collision bending everything slightly. Would be good for accessories though; door handles, rear seats, trim work, tail lights, etc.

While searching for a sunroof seal on ebay...I came across a listing where IAA is parting out a CX-9.
This thing is wrecked good!!!

It looks like the passenger compartment held up well. Impressive considering the degree of damage from the A-pillar forward. I wonder what they hit (or what hit them)?

My guess is a lifted truck / commercial truck / tractor trailer or something like that with a high bumper. That's the problem with auto's and "safety ratings." Crash tests always assume a solid wall or in a front end / rear end wreck, another vehicle with a bumper the same height. When you have a front or rear end wreck and the other vehicle's bumper sits at a different height either lower or higher than yours.... those crash tests / safety ratings kind of go out the window.

Back