Cheapest CX-5 2023 to get electric trunk?

I'd accept the car and take the $160 because I have no interest in a power liftgate. It's just something else that can break.
I understand your point and that applies to many other options (sunroof, electric folding mirrors, dual auto A/C, etc.). There are many trims to choose from so if one doesn't want a power liftgate he or she can go for the lower trims. For the past decades, I always chose the middle trim as the base trims were missing things I wanted and higher trims had things I didn't want! To each their own ;)

I understand your point and that applies to many other options (sunroof, electric folding mirrors, dual auto A/C, etc.). There are many trims to choose from so if one doesn't want a power liftgate he or she can go for the lower trims. For the past decades, I always chose the middle trim as the base trims were missing things I wanted and higher trims had things I didn't want! To each their own ;)
Everybody has their preferences. I'm typically a second trim level guy which is where a power driver's seat and auto climate control is found in below-luxury models. Fake leather over cloth is also my preference which applies in this case of 2020 Touring over Sport.

If we could pick and choose, I'm sure all of us would delete some feature from whatever we buy with an associated cost reduction or add one thing or another from an option package or higher trim without having to pay full freight for stuff we don't want.

Funny thing about Mazda pulling the power liftgate out of a vehicle with a $160 credit. Will that vehicle have an * flagging that feature's absence when sold as used? Probably not. Typically listings are skimpy on what's included to begin with. This does raise another caution when considering a pandemic-built used car. Getting your hands on the Monroney sticker from the seller off some web site would be the prudent thing to do. Some folks simply must have a power liftgate--somebody buying the vehicle in question someday could be in for rude surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we could pick and choose, I'm sure all of us would delete some feature from whatever we buy with an associated cost reduction or add one thing or another from an option package or higher trim without having to pay full freight for stuff we don't want.
Exactly my thinking. In the old days, you could order an American car with many individual options and/or packages. Not the case anymore especially with Japanese vehicles. Gotta live with it!

Everybody has their preferences. I'm typically a second trim level guy which is where a power driver's seat and auto climate control is found in below-luxury models. Fake leather over cloth is also my preference which applies in this case of 2020 Touring over Sport.
In Canada, the second trim level called GS (which I have) has the power liftgate. In order to have auto A/C you need to buy a package which includes sunroof, rear seats vents, advanced intelligent key, etc. Car companies like to make things complicated...

I ended up buying a Prefered when I bought my 2022. I would of bought a higher trim level but wanted 17 inch wheels. It came with the powered hatch but no Bose. Got a credit for that. I'm glad to have the hatch though as I have shoulder issues and reaching up is painful.

I ended up buying a Prefered when I bought my 2022. I would of bought a higher trim level but wanted 17 inch wheels. It came with the powered hatch but no Bose. Got a credit for that. I'm glad to have the hatch though as I have shoulder issues and reaching up is painful.
So it was supposed to have the Bose system, but didn't so they gave you a credit?

You bring a good point. My wife has shoulder problems too and needs regular cortisone shots. She has a 2015 Nissan Juke and the only thing she doesn't like about it is that it has no powered hatch; she always had coupes and sedans before so that was never a problem. I told her she could get a CX-30 with the powered hatch but she doesn't want it...

You bring a good point. My wife has shoulder problems too and needs regular cortisone shots. She has a 2015 Nissan Juke and the only thing she doesn't like about it is that it has no powered hatch; she always had coupes and sedans before so that was never a problem. I told her she could get a CX-30 with the powered hatch but she doesn't want it...
The CX-30, or the powered hatch?

The CX-30, or the powered hatch?
She doesn't want the CX-30 and she will only let go of her Juke when it craps out. I think she should take a CX-30 for a spin as she could be in for a good surprise! We're both retired and if we decide to have only one vehicle one day, a CX-30 with the powered hatch would be a good choice as size wise it slots between her Juke and my CX-5.

I bought a '22 CX-5 Premium in February. It does have power liftgate and the Bose sound system. Perhaps I dodged the chip storage.

Folks, coming from a domestic vehicle, I can attest to the deletes firsthand. At least Mazda has the decency to offer a reasonable credit. How does $20 credit sound for something that cost 100s to install after?
All manufacturers are reserving their chips for the highest trims. It makes sense if there are only so many to go around. Things will get better, and I’m some respect already are at Mazda.

Do I have to buy the 2023 Premium Plus to get the electric trunk door?

Is it possible ot get the Turbo trim black wheels on a nonTurbo trim CX-5?
Power liftgate came std on 22 CE , and I have it on 23 Premium .( both NA obviously )

Back