Cheapest CX-5 2023 to get electric trunk?

oldspicejet

:
mazda cx-5
Do I have to buy the 2023 Premium Plus to get the electric trunk door?

Is it possible ot get the Turbo trim black wheels on a nonTurbo trim CX-5?

The electric lift is often excluded from models that were initially supposed to have it due to the chip shortage. I have a 2022 Preferred and it was supposed to have it.. It was credited back on the invoice. The point being, even if the model is supposed to have it, it might not when it is delivered.

The electric lift is often excluded from models that were initially supposed to have it due to the chip shortage. I have a 2022 Preferred and it was supposed to have it.. It was credited back on the invoice. The point being, even if the model is supposed to have it, it might not when it is delivered.
I'm curious--how much did they credit you?

Looks like $160

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-09-15 18-32-48.png
    Screenshot from 2022-09-15 18-32-48.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 162
Damn I think they cheated you out on it. Unless you have the hardware but not the chip. If you have the hardware then it would be more reasonable.
Aftermarket liftgate is a good chunk of money

Just to note, versions without the power liftgate still have two gas struts, which open the hatch automatically when you unlatch it.

I know that, just mentioning that as not all vehicles in this segment have assisted hatch as standard.

I know that, just mentioning that as not all vehicles in this segment have assisted hatch as standard.
Don't all hatchback SUV's have gas struts? I think so as the rear hatch wouldn't stay open otherwise. Of course the trims which have power assist vary.

I did my research and 3rd party liftgate cost around $600 without installation and no guarantee it will work, mostly 3 rd party sellers in ebay(located in China). No guarantee that Mazda will provide a retrofit kit since they removed those options from the 2023 models below Premium Plus. So I went ahead with the Premium Plus

I stated that the hatch will automatically open once you unlatch it even without this feature.
I think you have to unlatch and lift the hatch about half way up like any other vehicle with a hatch and then the gas struts will allow it to fully open. Unlike many sedans and coupes with a conventional trunk that pops open fully upon pressing the designated button on the key fob. A power hatch is very useful when your hands are full; I enjoy mine more in the Winter carrying skis. Also in Winter the hatch gets very dirty, no need to touch it anymore! This is my 3rd vehicle with this feature.

On my CX, the lightest upward pressure on the switch and the gas struts will finish opening the hatch. It doesn't have the electric lift assembly, though. It's close enough to an "auto-open" feature for me. There is also a handle cutout in the hatch so you don't have the touch the outer hatch.

Anyways, I'm not saying that it is not a useful feature, it is, just that the built in struts work very well at opening the hatch.

On my CX, the lightest upward pressure on the switch and the gas struts will finish opening the hatch. It doesn't have the electric lift assembly, though. It's close enough to an "auto-open" feature for me. There is also a handle cutout in the hatch so you don't have the touch the outer hatch.

Anyways, I'm not saying that it is not a useful feature, it is, just that the built in struts work very well at opening the hatch.
Thanks for the explanation; in warm weather, a manual hatch is fine for me but in cold weather the struts lose a bit of force and when freezing rain or crusted snow covers part of the hatch, the added weight means more force has to be applied to open it. I've had manual hatches since 1974 and survived :ROFLMAO: but only in 2014 did I get the power version on a Murano SL! I guess as I get older I want more useful goodies...A foot activated hatch would be even nicer but only the CX-9 has it for now on top trim. Another useful feature of power hatch is programmable height which prevents damages when parking in low ceiling garages. I used to put a piece of foam on the ceiling way back when I lived in an apartment. As they say when there's a will there's a way;)

I can feel the disappointment of those who ordered a vehicle and have to accept missing features they really wanted.

It is really a bad time to buy a car with the crazy prices and "supply chain" issues which hamper production and feature inclusions in the cars. I would not be happy if I ordered a car with a feature like the power lift gate and it showed up missing the feature and with a paltry $160 credit on the sticker. Wouldn't be accepting the car either.

It is really a bad time to buy a car with the crazy prices and "supply chain" issues which hamper production and feature inclusions in the cars. I would not be happy if I ordered a car with a feature like the power lift gate and it showed up missing the feature and with a paltry $160 credit on the sticker. Wouldn't be accepting the car either.
I'd accept the car and take the $160 because I have no interest in a power liftgate. It's just something else that can break.

Back