Charge for installing accessories

How much did you guys get charge for installing the accessories when ordering the car, How much is it worth for when they install them Specifically..

Item Invoice MSRP
Splash Guards $100 $125
Remote engine start $280 $350
Electrochromic Rearview Mirror $200 $250

Thanks

Don't go with the dealer...they rip you off and charge you a lot of money for the installs. Here are some examples:

1. REMOTE START- They quoted me for $800 (parts and labor) to have them installed. I bought my OEM part from eBay for $240 shipped and only paid $160 to a pro car audio installer so that saved me $400.

2. SPLASH GUARDS- You can get both the front and rear for $80 on eBay and install them yourself...it's not that hard. The dealer quoted me for $100 to have it installed. You can save $120 by not going to the dealer.

I hear ya... I have a dealer that wants to put me into grand touring for 38,500 (MSRP=39587, Invoice=35647)
It Includes
Navigation package
Moonroof & Bose package
Mirror W/Homelink
Splash guards
Floormats
wheel locks
roofrack
cargonet
cargomat
remote start

All I want is a Touring (MSPR=37772 Inovice=34019) I figure I can get it for 36000 I hope
With
Navigation package
Moonroof & Bose package
Mirror W/homelink
Splash guards
Wheel locks
Remote start

Do I really want to pay 2500 more for something I really don't need or want?

Shaz said:
Don't go with the dealer...they rip you off and charge you a lot of money for the installs. Here are some examples:

1. REMOTE START- They quoted me for $800 (parts and labor) to have them installed. I bought my OEM part from eBay for $240 shipped and only paid $160 to a pro car audio installer so that saved me $400.

2. SPLASH GUARDS- You can get both the front and rear for $80 on eBay and install them yourself...it's not that hard. The dealer quoted me for $100 to have it installed. You can save $120 by not going to the dealer.

Where did you get the remote start and splash gards?.. can't find them on e-bay..

Shaz said:

It looks like he found the mud guards on Ebay for his CX-7, not the 9. I just picked mine up from the dealer for $100 and installed myself. Simple install and going MSRP is $120 on the mud guards. I just worked out a deal with my dealer to work with me on the accessories. I have the electrochromatic/homelink mirror getting installed next week. The parts arrived today.

Back