2017~2024 Cargo Net size change

:
Fredericton Canada
:
2018 CX-5 GT
When I traded in my 2014 on a 2018 I kept the cargo net, only to find that the distance from the back to front attachment points are shorter. This causes the net to be quite floppy and not holding cargo as securely under the mat. Has anybody else experienced this, and if so, did you modify the net in any way? The outside stretchy cord from front to back on both sides is the loose/longer part of the net. My dealer tells me that the net for 2017+ models is 50% more expensive than for the 2013-2016 models !! WTF!!! Consequently the reason I'd like some suggestions as to how to modify my net to fit better.

They're cheap! Just buy the one made for your vehicle and be done with it.

I guess it depends on what you call cheap. Here in Canada the list price at my Mazda dealer is $73, up from around $45 for the previous generation CX-5 cargo net .

I guess it depends on what you call cheap. Here in Canada the list price at my Mazda dealer is $73, up from around $45 for the previous generation CX-5 cargo net .

That is strange that it went up so much, but it does look substantially more "heavy duty".

Gen 1 0000-8K-R01 $16.23 US Dollars
81EmeM2NiKL._SL1500_a2ea17d9-9988-4776-a52c-fc54da968f37_grande.jpg

Gen 2 0000-8K-R31 $55.77 US Dollars
0000-8K-R31_00_grande.jpg

17CX5_CargoNet_grande.jpg

The shift to a more premium offering means things have been improved, including the quality and fit/finish of factory-installed parts and optional accessories. Unfortunately, this also means that the price of those parts has also increased.

You could try ordering the OEM part from an online retailer, like https://www.mazdaparts.org/

Order enough (over $100) to get the free shipping, then have everything shipped to a parcel holding service at the Maine border. Drive over and clear it through customs yourself, and you can save a bunch of money, especially if you're stocking up on maintenance items like oil filters, air filters, etc.

Back