cant lock car from door.

:
mazda cx-9, lux
hello all. new owner of 09 lux model. for some reason we can only lock the car with the remote. the doors will not stay locked from the door or even pushing the door lock itself. it always kicks back.
we only have one remote right now.
im looking for answers.

You have the SamrtKey(card), correct?
If so, there is probably the second keycard hiding inside the cabin
(which is why it always kicks back with a beep - is there a beep?).
Look around inside the cabin.

If you are referring to locking the car as you exit by using the interior door lock, forget it. You must use the Smartkey, or the little black button on the driver or front passenger door handle.

You will learn quickly that the Smartkey system is not!

yep, can only lock from the outside with the remote or the button on the outside of the door.

i thought that was really wierd. my grand vitara does the same thing if the remote is inside the car but otherwise the locks work.

that is just dumb that its that way.

thanks for the reply

FlaCX9,
I get it now.
The kick-back from lock switch on the door is a preventive feature.
Many people lock themselves out that way while keys are still inside.
I think vehicles of many brands do the same. I know Honda and Toyota are like that also.
Some would actually call that a nice "feature" to have.

Yep, kind of like Obamacare - got to protect us from ourselves.

I have never locked my keys in my car. Especially with the so called "smartkey". Keep it in your pocket, no problem.

My opinion...

Yep, kind of like Obamacare - got to protect us from ourselves.

Don't forget about protecting/prohibiting the country from adding 20,000 jobs and an international pipeline to help boost the economy, all for the sake of a possible endangered rodent that may or may not exist in the path of the pipe.

It is not dumb as you think.
Just like other people say, it prevent you from locking the car with the key inside.
If you locked the car and there is another key inside, it will beep.

that is just dumb that its that way.

Back