Can't change Sirius stations while using Apple Maps in new CX-50...Help!

Hi Everyone,

Got a new CX-50 Turbo Prem Plus. Love the car, however when I'm using carplay (apple maps), I cannot change the stations if I'm on Sirius. Everything works ok. Anything I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!

If it’s anything like the CX-5, if you already setup favorites, select the star on the controller and select station. If not, hold down home button for few seconds to go back to the Mazda infotainment screen, and go about changing the station.
It is not very intuitive and takes too many steps.

If it works anything like Pandora with Google maps in the split screen mode make sure your change your map app to the larger left side on the screen which should enable more controls for changing stations etc.
Let me know how that works out for you.

I'm going back and forth from carplay to sirrus using the home button. It's a pain and not very quick. Mazda needs to take a look at this and make it more user friendly.

I'm going back and forth from carplay to sirrus using the home button. It's a pain and not very quick. Mazda needs to take a look at this and make it more user friendly.
If you have a Turbo Premium Plus, why not just use Mazda's navigation to eliminate a few steps?

If you have a Turbo Premium Plus, why not just use Mazda's navigation to eliminate a few steps?

Good point. But... I got Android, and assume that Apple same scenario.

For example, here are some things I can't get.
I got Sirius and already set my favorites. When the screen is showing what is playing, I can't use the steering next or previous button, to change through stations. I have to press the round knob down, select favorites' and then browse through them and press enter on new station. Why can't I browse through them like FM radio does with my favorites?

For the issue the original post is for, I will try to disconnect Android, just set up Bluetooth and see if I like the Mazda Navi. I like my Google Maps, easy and familiar already.

I also do not know how to even listen to Sirius while using wireless Android. It automatically opens and plays Pandora.

I have a 2018 CX-9 so my set-up might be different but worth a try for you to see if this works.

In my car the shortcut buttons around the rotating wheel in the centre console direct to the last used application. For example, if i am listening to apple music and go to google map, then pressing the music button will bring me back to apple music. But if i am listening to the FM radio and go to goole map, then pressing the music button will bring me back directly to the fm radio (out of apple carplay). Pressing the nav button beings me back directly to google map in apple carplay.

It is a shortcut that allows you to go back to each service without having to use the long way of getting in and out of apple carplay (or android auto).

This should work the same way for sirius xm.

If it opens pandora and you want to listen to sirius, do like a previous poster said. Hold the home button to get out of android auto and back to mazda system. Go to the sirius music and select it to play music. Holding the home button will go back to android auto, or you can press nav to go directly to google map.

Thanks but how do I......

When I am listening to Sirius and already set my favorite stations. When the screen is showing what is playing, I can't use the steering next or previous button, to change through stations. I have to press the round knob down, select favorites' and then browse through them and press enter on new station. Why can't I browse through them like FM radio does with my favorites via the >> or << button on the steering?

Back