Can You Turn Off Power Port In Trunk? 2024 CX-5

:
2018 CX5
Our 2024 CX5's power port in the trunk is always on even with the car is off. Anyway to make it switch off when the car is off? Is there a secret setting to do this?

To OP.
Why do you worry about that?
As other said, no current draw if nothing is plugged in.

12v is not dangerous to human either.

In EU power port in trunk unfortunately is turning off when car is off. I was hoping it will be powered all the time. As far as i know there is no way to "switch" it to the other option.

To OP.
Why do you worry about that?
As other said, no current draw if nothing is plugged in.

12v is not dangerous to human either.
The reason is we have a small electric cooler bag that plugs into that socket to keep stuff cold in the summer. I would love to just keep it plugged in all the time but if I were to forget to hit the off switch on the bag when the car is not running it would run the battery down for sure.

Maybe you can get a DC to AC inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and plug your cooler bag into that. I assume that 12V port turns off when the car is off?

Thanks for all the suggestions but it looks like we will just have to unplug it each time!
FYI The front port under the dash near the shifter is powered only with the ignition at ACC or ON. The one in the console is powered all the time like the one in the trunk. At least that's what it says in my 2020 manual. Could be different on yours but worth trying!

Last edited:
FYI The front port under the dash near the shifter is powered only with the ignition at ACC or ON. The one in the console is powered all the time like the one in the trunk. At least that's what it says in my 2020 manual. Could be different on yours but worth trying!
Thanks, will check the front port out!

Latest posts

Back