Can I trust the Mazda info center?

icefisher

:
2008 Mazda3 S GT, 2009 Mazda5 Sport
Hi All,

I'm wondering what people's impressions are about the Mazda info center. I have an '08 3s GT Sedan and according to the info center I am currently averaging 24.7 MPG (I have about 5,800 miles on her now). Mileage is getting better over time, meaning that I am not zoom-zooming enough! (yupnope) This seems strange because I set the trip computer after my last fill up and I went 304 miles with 32 left according to the computer. Thats 336 miles on a 14.5 gal tank which equals 23.17 MPG. I reset it again after filling up today before even putting it in gear. The computer said I have 416 miles remaining. Assuming that it has 14.5 gallons with a full tank, that would be 28.69 MPG. I wish! The advertised range was 22 city; 29 hwy and I rarely drive hwy so the mileage isn't that bad if correct.

Let me know your thoughts/experience on the accuracy of the info center for calculating mileage. Thanks!!

Try this fill your gas tank then before you even turn on the car reset the A(or)B trip mileage tracker then when you have to fill up again divid the mileage you went by the amount of gas you pumped this time that will tell you exactly the MPG you got.

Yes... I am doing that. However, I am just curious about other people's expreriences with the info center to see how close it usually is. I can't believe nobody else responded? I guess I'm not part of the "clique" yet! (notcool)

I don't have a Mazda with the info center, but I have read that it is a close approximation, and that when you hook up the car to a diagnostics computer that the readings will be a bit lower, but accurate.

Search the forum some more, I know this has been discussed, but I am not sure when or where.

Thanks ZZ. I tried using the search function before posting and found nothing. I'll try again.

Back