Californians, plz read

thumbs up for catalina, its quiet and romantic. in fact i filed for my vacation from work this week and booked a 2 night trip. the hotel Atwater has a killer deal, it was only 265$ for a two night stay with a king bed an ocean view and included the boat ride back and forth to the island. if you want quiet its the place to be, no jumpin nightlife but incredible sights hell the view from the room is enough for me (teehee!) but they also have island tours, glass bottom boats and submarines. its cool for one on one time.

you could always come up here to the Napa Valley,and go wine tasting,see some of the old ass wineries.

......but I recamend you go take the highway up north cali to the redwoods,VERY,VERY IMPRESSIVE!
it's quiet,not loaded with tourists,because there is so much of it.

you just fallow the coast line up cali into oregon.the cliffs and beaches are like nothing you will see anywhere else in the world,and the have lots of little romantic Inn's along the way.

you wouldn't want to swin in the ocean there though,it's way to cold(I do anyway).it's fun to spend a day in the tide pools,finding jelly fish,star fish,and other cool lifeforms

I took my girl there on our third anniversery,and it is still the best thing I have done with here,she enjoyed it more the cancun,the bajamas,hawaii,or even the number of cruises she has been on.
and a hell of a lot more then disney land,HELL.A.

BTW,stay out of San Francisco,way over priced,cannot park ANYWHERE,views are usually blocked by fog,people are ass holes,and more bums then you could shoot.

KolisNeon2002 said:
Thanks everyone for your help on sites to see and do while we are on our honeymoon......Thanks bunches!!
y helo thar. <3

Alpinejwl said:
i say you rent a Mazda so that we can cruise around Cali...that's much more fun than to go to any "park" or "land"

I say rent a nice sports convertible (or a cruising convertible) and cruise along the Pacific highway. there are stops on the way where you can take pictures, get food, etc. and then do a wine tour while you're up there.

gotta visit yosemite. place is friggin beautiful.

if you are looking for some fun scenic drives almost any canyon in malibu is great.

the driving up the 1/101 is fun. stopping at anything that looks interesting.

venice beach is an interesting place.

wild animal park is cool, even more so if you get a jeep/ safari thing to go right up to the animals and feed them. its pretty pricey though.

muir woods/ beach is nice. as is stinson beach. also a bit further up the 1 is a place called russian gulch that is really beautiful.

I'd say San Diego is one of the nicer places to stay (especially in October....we'll have the best weather!!) Check out hotels in Downtown La Jolla or look at the Hotel Del Coronado. For little romantic trips, there's world class dining in Dowtown La Jolla, wineries in the Temecula Valley, Rosarito Mex is just 40 minutes south of SD and much nicer than Tijuana. If you want to go shopping there's some great Mom 'n Pop shops in Ocean Beach, Antique Alley in Carlsbad, high class designer stores in La Jolla (ie Armani, Versace, etc.). You can also have a fun time at the Wild Animal Park, get the Photo Safari Pass and you get to see all the animals up close and feed giraffes and rhinos with plenty of time to get some REALLY great photos of yourself and the animals for your album. Then like what the others have said about downtown, specifically the Gaslamp Quarter. If you are going to go to the Gaslamp Quarter, pick the club you are going to visit before hand, call the club a few days prior and you can arrange to get into the VIP area for some extra cash. I'm not much into clubs either but The Onyx Room and Decos both have fairly nice VIP lounges that help you to escape from the club atmosphere for awhile, or at least watch it from a distance. My wife and I are both transplants to San Diego so we probably have a better appreciation of what it has to offer than those who have lived here their whole lives. I'll try and post up more info as I remember.....

Latest posts

Back