California Mod Laws?

That being said, a cop can still hold you until he acquires someone who can legally inspect your car w/a warrant of course.

but they have a certain time limit they can hold you, but after a certain time they to arrest you to hold you, so if they don't have reason to arrest you they can't hold you any longer, i forget the actual time limit, but i learned that when i was taking my class for my concealed weapons permit.

the former cop who spoke in the class told us to say, am i under arrest or may i go, because they have to let you go if you aren't under arrest

god, i live in Cali(all my life) and this thread reminds me why I hate this place so much. stupid people all over, and even more stupid rules on what we can do to our cars. so gay we cant screw with anything while a guy just over the state line is running cat-less and modding the hell out of his car. Screw emissions and screw Al Gore with his inconvient truth bs. if we have to follow those dumb rules everyone should its not fair. Anyone thinking california is the golden state and is soo cool you are wrong and couldnt be more far from the truth.

It's true; he does. He owns a gigantic historic mansion, which, because of when it was built, is incredibly energy inefficient. Plus he flies all over the place. That doesn't change the fact that he is essentially right about anthropogenic climate change. Damn we're screwed.

And our roads arent really that great. in fact, my uncle is a trucker, and he says that he knows he's in california by the conditions of the roads. hell, just down my block theres a bump that will cause you to hit your head on the ceiling of your car if you go like 25mph.

I grew up in Michigan and now I live in California. The roads are much, much better in California. If I drove this car in Michigan, I'd be hating it because of the rough roads.

I'm still curious to hear from people living in California that have stories about getting pulled over. And I'm curious about hearing stories of not getting pulled over. For instance, NCZ13, your signature lists a bunch of mods. Exhaust and CAI... If the cops were really, truly going after modders, I would think you'd be pulled over at some point, right? I'm curious as to how common it really is to get in trouble.

I havent modded my car. or any of my previous cars, but the harrassment from them is rediculous. I've had a cop use the fact that i had a spare tire on my car(240sx at the time) and ask me to pop my hood and kept me there acting like i had mods on. I've also had a cop give me a ticket for not wearing my seat belt, when i actually did, he just assumed it didnt because i had a black tee on at the time. Cops have pulled over my brother for his exhaust, saying the "note" was too loud, but he had a silencer and he was sitting at idle picking up his kid from school. I have also seen speed traps where they pick up teens in their "race cars" and ignore the most of the others right before my eyes coming home from college on highway 12. In another forum I chat in, there was a report that cops in the san diego and LA area in a contest to give out tickets to people. If I can find the article, because it was put in the newspaper, i will bring it over here. People are blind to the fact that cops profile, until they get profiled...or its in Time Magazine

California is hurting financially, mostly due to liberal policies. The Police departments need money. Think of those tickets as taxes and the cops as tax collectors, because that is what it is.

Boo. I was hoping someone would post and be like "I've lived in California for forty years and I've modded cars my entire life and I've never had any problems!" Wishful thinking?

Ive never been harassed personally for modding my vehicles for the last 20 yrs. Ive seen others who have but they also were doing some stupid things that brought down attention.

When they were cracking down on street racing in Ontario 15 yrs ago, they would try to go for if your modded, you're impounded. Once they hit the courts, the cops lost because they aren't certified to determine what mods affect the cars ability to operate within the smog specs, not to mention, that you aren't required by law to replace any part with an exact oem replacement.

Latest posts

Back