Bye Bye P5?

BacDoc

:
'06 M5
Looking at a Subaru Legacy GT tonite. My bosses wife almost died the other day in a car crash (T-Boned) and they said side airbags saved her life. My wife wants to trade the P5 now for a car thats AWD and has side impact airbags....and guess whose got all that and boost?

BackDoc said:
Looking at a Subaru Legacy GT tonite. My bosses wife almost died the other day in a car crash (T-Boned) and they said side airbags saved her life. My wife wants to trade the P5 now for a car thats AWD and has side impact airbags....and guess whose got all that and boost?
Sweet car...

BackDoc said:
Hello Mazdaspeed 6!

Don't need side airbags to live through a side impact. I was hit by a chevy avalanche on the driver's side door while driving my friends 1990 Ford ranger. The car was totally ****** but I was ok. Also, the SRT-4's have a side air bag option i think.

Well the wife picked out a Black Auto GT for $28k. I like the silver but I think I can compromise after all thats what marriage is all about. Plus strapping on a boost controller and intake and exhaust....

The MS6 needs new wheels and some time on the market to work out the kinks. I like Mazda's as much as the next guy but theres no way they get the MS6 right in the first production year. No car manufacture does that...but Subaru has been in the AWD turbo business a long time. And as far as the Neon goes I really want AWD and something to park at the office that doesn't say ricer on board.

Last edited:
BackDoc said:
The MS6 needs new wheels and some time on the market to work out the kinks. I like Mazda's as much as the next guy but theres no way they get the MS6 right in the first production year. No car manufacture does that...but Subaru has been in the AWD turbo business a long time.
Aren't mazdaspeed editions a one year production anyway?

Not sure. It would be a shame if so. I think it would be a nice battle between the MS6 and a Leagcy STI over the next several years.

sorry to hear you might be getting rid of the 5.. i know you love that car.. :)

AWD won't stop someone from T-boning you. And I'm assuming that your P5 doesn't have the side airbags. I was actually quite surprised when I realised that mine did have them.

That Subi is a kick-ass car, but you have to convince her to get the manual. It would be such a shame to have that wonderful engine, all wheel drive, and then an automatic.

lasermp5 said:
Aren't mazdaspeed editions a one year production anyway?
No, they just seem to only give us MS versions on the last model year (or so) to bring a little life and excitement back to them. The 6 has been really popular, so there's no reason it should die after the MS version.

Th Legacy is the car that best suits are needs right now. I don't mind getting a 5 speed auto with manu shift. Of coarse I would rather have a manual but it's about compromise. This will be her car in a few years when I get my Viper :D

Bass Addict said:
That's quite an upgrade. P5, to Subaru Legacr, then a Viper. lol.
I've worked hard to get where I am, what the hell, why not treat myself? I might as well think Enzo. HA!

Test drove today. Filled out the credit app. It's all a but over for the P5. BTW: They're trying to give me $8K for the P5 w/ 30000 miles. I said $9k and you got a deal.

Back