Bulbs

jtl

:
CX-5 GT w/Tech
For those of you that have the non-tech vehicles, did you replace the oem bulbs in your headlights? What did you purchase? Did you also replace the DRL bulb. I am concerned based on what I have read that the color temperature of the headlights and the DRL's is too yellow. Unfortunately at the present time us owners of the non-tech vehicles cannot replace the DRL's with LED modules. I thought about putting in aftermarket HID's but I am very concerned about blinding on coming traffic and the fact they probably are not even street legal.

Maybe they are not as bad as some people claim. I won't have the car until the end of the month so I am just killing time and thinking about things.

Curious about this one too, we have non-tech Touring and coming from car with xenons the normal lights are kind of weakish. Has anyone just done bulb upgrade to Sylvania, piaa, hoen or others? Looks like one would need 2 x HB3 (9005) 60W and 4 x H11 55W if you do all bulbs including fogs on non-tech package vehicle. I've had very good luck with Hoens on my other vehicle so thinking of going with their Xenonmatch ones.

Just got my CX5 and looking at changing some bulbs. Its not just for fun, I must have a spare set all the time so I will install some better ones and keep the originals as a spare. I also dont want to be stuck in the middle of nowwhere with a bulb out and have to chnage it without ever checking how to do it, so best do it my garage for some practise.

Im not looking at anything too expensive, probably Philips Blue vision or Osram Nightbreaker, the manuals states that Low beam are H11 and High / Day HB3. Not sure how high beam and day can be the same, guess its all in the reflector?

It feels a bit strange commenting on the thread....when I still have to drive the car in the dark!

Iain

I had cracked fog light housing on my other car and went to replace it and realized I have same Hoen H11 55W bulb as my fogs so I tried it in our CX5 - plugged it in on passenger side and took some pics: http://jmn.fadainc.com/pictures/2014CX-5/index.html

I think the lighting power is little lower than stock bulbs. After little bit of research ordered set of Philips H11 VisionPlus - should provide bit more light.

Last edited:
Back