BUILD!!! (Paint/Stance)

I really can't decide. The only reason I want to stick with Mid Night Blue is so I dont have to spray the door jams and pull the engine to spray the engine bay. I really like the silver that's on the front bumper now. I have beeen thinking about going with that color. I really can't decide. I am doing all the body work and paint myself and once that is done I will be doing all the interior myself. I have already wrapped all the pilars and headliner in black suede. I'll post pics of those soon.

New Headlights, SickSpeed Horns, Mazdaspeed Bumper, Mazdaspeed Lip, Chargespeed WRX/STI Lip (bottom black one), fog light delete Grills.

i think the reason your digging the color of the front bumper is because it compliments the rims very well...

looks like you have a lot of hardlines in the primer, gunna have to do something with that cause even after you block it all out youll still prolly see them

love the progress and stance of the car!

indeed... i must admit i do like the way it looks right now. (sub for progress... and also, a gray p5 would be nice)

looks like you have a lot of hardlines in the primer, gunna have to do something with that cause even after you block it all out youll still prolly see them

love the progress and stance of the car!

Yea, the pictures make them look harder then they really are. Still gonna take some time to get it feathered out right though. I'm going to block it all down, re-prime the entire car and bake it. Jam everything ( base coat only), block the entire car, seal it, base coat the outside, take it all apart and clear everything at once so I have no lines in the jams.

thanks for the pops though help keep me going lol

He'll ya dude I like to hear when people do body work/paint work the right way

I'd personally take everything you can off first before you seal/base it just to prevent any scratched on the quarters I'd to all your trim off and do the entire James... Just put a hard line behind the molding if that makes sense

Subb'd

I think a matte grey on a P5 would be sick. Then some black wheels maybe. Or you could go a completely different route and PlastiDip it. It would definitely be a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Shaun? Its Adam King. Cars come a long way since I saw it down in cali, lookin good bro. Keep up the good work

He'll ya dude I like to hear when people do body work/paint work the right way

I'd personally take everything you can off first before you seal/base it just to prevent any scratched on the quarters I'd to all your trim off and do the entire James... Just put a hard line behind the molding if that makes sense

When I'm ready to paint the care I am going to remove the all the windows, trim, door handles, sunroof, windsheild and motor assembly. If I choose silver I am going to have to paint all the sheet metal ( Fender, Doors, Hatch, shell ) assembled to get the correct matching mirror finish. I'll spray all the plastics together. Take all the sheet metal off the shell, clear it everything at once then reassemble and call it done. I get what your saying though for sure. I might got that rought with a different color.

Shaun? Its Adam King. Cars come a long way since I saw it down in cali, lookin good bro. Keep up the good work

Yo Adam!!!! What's up dude, how you been? Yea man thanks. Progress is slow but it's getting there. You back in Washington yet? Gotta get some people to meet up and cruise this summer!

What I did with plastidip on my car

Edit: I did the rear of the car too but can't get the photos up right now ill try tonight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Yo Adam!!!! What's up dude, how you been? Yea man thanks. Progress is slow but it's getting there. You back in Washington yet? Gotta get some people to meet up and cruise this summer!

Doing good bro, work work work is it for me. haha. Yeah Im about 15 min north of Seattle. Definitely need to make it up here!!! Love crusin in the summer time.

Back