Bucking during acceleration and eventually threw a P0103 code.

:
2003.5 Blazing Yellow MSP (Forged)
My MSP started having an issue where it would freak out and start bucking when I tried to accelerate in any gear but 1st. I did not even have to be in boost, so there was no way I would have been maxing out the MAF voltage. It did it more when raining outside. It eventually threw a P0103 MAF circuit high voltage code. My MAF is relocated and I have a SRI, so I was not sucking up water or anything. Regardless, I checked to see if the MAF was dirty, had water getting to it or had any oil in the cold pipe, but everything was clean and dry. I tried cleaning it with MAF cleaner anyway, but it did not help. I ended up getting another MAF from Autozone to see if it would fix the issue. If not, I would just return it. I manage a shop and we are the #1 wholesale acct. for that AZ, so the price was cheap & they don't give us any hassle. Anyway, it seems to have fixed the issue and the ol' MSP feels like it has a lot more pep than it has in awhile. Just thought I would share, maybe it will help out others having this issue.

Back