Brand New J&S Safeguard and Gauge

I have been sitting on this for some time, been having a problem with getting the project going. So I think it's time for me let it go to someone that will put it to use. I never wired up the control, I installed the knock sensor and the gauge(both will be pulled once it has been sold), I will need a couple days once it has been paid for before it will ship.
I will not move on the price, Please don't post in the thread if you don't like my price. That being said $550 shipped in the USA will accept paypal, money order and cash pick up.

Last edited:
Keeps your engine from going boom. Detects engine knock and immediately pulls timing to prevent damage, at least that's my simple understanding of it.

Keeps your engine from going boom. Detects engine knock and immediately pulls timing to prevent damage, at least that's my simple understanding of it.
Thanks that's a better to explain I should have explained it that way. lol

It came with the kit, I can take a picture and I will try and get you a size of the bolt.
that would be phenominal. if you could grab a picture of the location you placed it, that would be awesome also! I pmed John, but he's not responded yet.

Thanks, and FREE BUMP!

i get paid on the 6th so i hope i have enough for this! is this everything i need to run it? also how hard is the install?

i get paid on the 6th so i hope i have enough for this! is this everything i need to run it? also how hard is the install?
I have a install info for it, it include everything that is needed, the gauge was not sold with the kit when it was being sold. I picked it up as an extra. Need to run and hook up the wiring and mount the knock sensor.

Awesome! so this is pretty much a complete kit then!! hell yea! one more question, does this splice into the ecu harness? if it does, i have an aem fic that is spliced and soldered into the harness right now. how would i install it along with that? would i just splice into the harness before the spices for the fic? or after? or does it not matter?

it just grabs a signal from the knock sensor, then is spiced into w/e controls timing.

Will, can you forward me those instructions too, by chance.. the guy i'm installing this stuff for gave me a box of parts, this being one, but doesn't have any instructions... nor placement of the stud, nor the stud...

Awesome! so this is pretty much a complete kit then!! hell yea! one more question, does this splice into the ecu harness? if it does, i have an aem fic that is spliced and soldered into the harness right now. how would i install it along with that? would i just splice into the harness before the spices for the fic? or after? or does it not matter?
It does matter and John at J&S told me it needs to be after!

it just grabs a signal from the knock sensor, then is spiced into w/e controls timing.

Will, can you forward me those instructions too, by chance.. the guy i'm installing this stuff for gave me a box of parts, this being one, but doesn't have any instructions... nor placement of the stud, nor the stud...

Is the install just as easy as a ssafc? Cause i definitely wont have enough to pay someone to do this for me lol

It does matter and John at J&S told me it needs to be after!

Awesome, thank you for the info!!
i hope i have enough to get this this week!
i shouldnt have to tune for this should i? as it just retards timing enough to prevent zoom zoom boom?

Last edited:
Back