Brakes... How many miles?

:
2013 CX-9 Grand Touring
I've been watching the report when the wife gets the oil changed and tires rotated and the brakes have been in the green. Last week she said they were making some noise so I pull one of the front wheels and there is still 8ish mm of pad left. Knowing some vehicles wear unevenly I pulled the other front and same result. Both rear are also plenty thick.

So my question is, how many miles do you have in your factory pads.

We turned 66,000 today! It's 25.5 months old.

I think my wife had ~70K miles on her CX9 before I changed hers and it was mostly because of the warped rotors, not actual pad wear. I don’t remember what the pads looked like though.

Also, she had it in for service a few months back @ over 100K miles and they marked the rear pads as still good(factory originals). Different than my Speed6 that wore the rears out in about 40k miles.

The OEM pads on my wife's CX-9 lasted 38K miles before we replaced them. They were starting to squeal a little. Most of her driving is city with about 2 to 3 long-distance, out-of-town drives. We now have 84K miles and just recently replaced with the 3rd set of brakes.

I think I got real lucky with my 2008 GT. 160K miles and never changed the pads. Most significant issue was changing front struts at 99K to beat 100K warranty run out.

mine are getting squeaky sometimes after sitting overnight, but the pad thickness front and rear are still close to 60% life remaining at 62k.

i'm probably going to change them soon because the rotors are starting to warp just slightly when slowing from highway speeds.

how many miles/Kms all depend on traffic you drive daily, i repeat drive short distant less than 25 miles / 40Kms with many traffic light and congestion, my front brakes only 35~40% left within 40,000 Kms ( i just guest Kms it could be much lower than 40,000Kms). I expected this happened on heavy SUV.

Well, my rears have gone nearly 166k without needing a replacement of the pads. The fronts, mmmmm, not so much. Replaced pads twice and rotors once.

Back