Brake question...

Kladuscan

Ever since i got my Speed6 I noticed it smells like sh*t after driving, the smell is mainly from the tires section of the car, and the smell increases as I brake harder...so could it be my brakes that are making this smell? I also noticed that the rotors get so hot that they just could give you a 3rd degree burn...seriously...

The dealer(NON-MAZDA) replaced my brakes when I purchased the car, and I've taken the car back to them once, and they said everything was fine...I gave it some time and figured maybe the smell might go away after some "breaking in" was done to the pads, but its still the same months after...

My question is...is there any difference between the Mazda 6 and the Speed6's rotor/pads fitment, because my dealer refers to my car as "Mazda 6" and when ever I say "Speed6" they give me that weird look(drunk) until they look at the badge. So I figured maybe they put a 6's pads and rotors instead of Speed6...

I ruled out the caliper's because I took the car to a slight hill, and let go of the wheel and the brakes, the car was going straight and slowly picking up speed, so I figured it cant be the calipers.

Any idea what could be causing the smell, and the extreme heat at the rotors?

Ever since i got my Speed6 I noticed it smells like sh*t after driving, the smell is mainly from the tires section of the car, and the smell increases as I brake harder...so could it be my brakes that are making this smell? I also noticed that the rotors get so hot that they just could give you a 3rd degree burn...seriously...

The dealer(NON-MAZDA) replaced my brakes when I purchased the car, and I've taken the car back to them once, and they said everything was fine...I gave it some time and figured maybe the smell might go away after some "breaking in" was done to the pads, but its still the same months after...

My question is...is there any difference between the Mazda 6 and the Speed6's rotor/pads fitment, because my dealer refers to my car as "Mazda 6" and when ever I say "Speed6" they give me that weird look(drunk) until they look at the badge. So I figured maybe they put a 6's pads and rotors instead of Speed6...

I ruled out the caliper's because I took the car to a slight hill, and let go of the wheel and the brakes, the car was going straight and slowly picking up speed, so I figured it cant be the calipers.

Any idea what could be causing the smell, and the extreme heat at the rotors?

It's hard to say based on your sketchy info here, but the non-mazda dealer may have indeed replaced the larger Speed6 brakes with regular 6 brakes which are much smaller. It would take replacing the calipers and the rotors though. Take a few photos down parallel to the front wheels and post em up.

I say f*ck it! Get you some Stoptech slotted rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and some stainless steel lines! I just got mine installed and love em! And if all else fails, get you some tree air fresheners and hang them in your wheel well :]

I say f*ck it! Get you some Stoptech slotted rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and some stainless steel lines! I just got mine installed and love em! And if all else fails, get you some tree air fresheners and hang them in your wheel well :]

Well you pretty much wraped it up for me, I was looking around for those slotted rotors, and the pads, might get em in a few weeks....and if that doesnt work, like you said, hang some air fresheners(cryhard)

For sure man. Before you order your rotors call ********** to see if they're in stock. Stoptech sells through our rotors quick since they dont make too many. I had to wait almost a month for my rotors and it sucked. Nontheless, they are sweet! They BITE

Back