Bought a used and feeling sluggish

killbox

Outstanding Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
:
Usa
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2012 Mazda 2 Touring just 2 weeks ago. Apparently after bringing my 2 to the local dealer as the warranty is still valid and I wanted to know the history of my car, the car has only been serviced twice (the first service and just before I test drove) since it was driven out of the dealership. After asking the previous owner (which is an old lady), she said she sent the car to a friend whose a mechanic instead of using the free service issued by Mazda. I'm in doubt. Now it feels irresponsive and sluggish. Should I flush the internals and replace with new lubricants or is it common?

Cheers.

First rule of thumb when buying a used car, always change the oil if the owner doesn't keep track of it. I got mine with 15k miles from an ailing older gentleman. He told me he had just changed the oil. I took his word as he seemed honest and creditable by having his own garage with tools etc..How many miles does the car have and what engine? Could be in need of a tune up.

I was told by the lady she had just done the oil change just before I got the car. I went to check at the local dealer and it was true but she skipped most oil changes. Which is odd as the service center gives free oil changes every 6k miles up to 40k miles. I took her word for it but I didn't feel right, so I went to check with the local dealer. My car currently has 37k miles. My engine is normal the petrol 1.5.

Pull the valve cover and look for sludge. It's easy enough to do to put your mind at ease.

Or confirm the worst.

To go 20k+ without BAD stuff would be pretty unbelievable, if it was really neglected you will know it when the valve cover is off. In my experience 12k intervals is where big problems start being noticeable, 22k is the record.. Brand new Dodge Stratus... At 22k miles engine seized up - the oil filter had "factory installed" stamped on it (unamused)

Back