Boost cut

:
2007 Mazda 6i
Hey whats going on guy I'm having an issue with my MSP. The car drives great but when it comes to boost I cant boost past 3.5k or 4k but If I play with the throttle the car with get up there but its like there's no boost. I'm on 440cc and I have a reflashed ecu. never had this problem. I narrowed it down to Spark plug wires/coilpacks, O2 sensor, and VTCS solenoid. I baby the car but sometimes it'll be nice to get into boost.

I have video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=WTFg8ldMrEE&u=/watch?v=GXLAzsSv5Uk&feature=em-upload_owner

not sure that works but I just need some guidance before I spend alot of money on a simple fix. Thanks.

I have a boost gauge. It hits at 8lbs which sounds about right. I also checked the wastegate then boost leak and they all seem in great condition. Yes 440cc and not sure what tune the ecu has. it was like that when I bought it but I never had an issue.

I would find out how it is tuned. Stock injectors are 280cc and if the tune was changed back to stock but the injectors weren't the car won't run right.

The tune wasn't changed. I had an SSAFC but the car wouldn't run right with any tune and I couldn't dedicate any time to a tuner so I too it off but even then there was the boost cut

Do you have a Wideband? what your feeling isnt actually a fuel cut it is the actually map. Your car is dumping fuel which is causing not to go past 4k. I had this issue but actually know someone who can tune 440CC injectors, but you need to have a wideband and the ssafc v2 much easier just to data log.

So the car is on the stock tune with 440 injectors? The stock ecu can't run that much, you need to switch back to the stock 280cc injectors.

The weird thing is that the car ran completely fine I changed my spark plugs to Iridium ix then this happened a few days after that. The guy who had it before me said there is a reflash tune on the ecu for the 440cc.

and Its set to 8psi. I have an A/F wideband and boost gauge installed. As for wideband not sure what its suppose to be reading normally its around 10 or 11 I believe then I florr it the needle bottom lines, cruising its a steady 10/11, and when I let off the throttle it spikes up then drops back down

10-11 afr at cruise is super rich, your injectors are drowning out your engine when your trying to get into boost, and there is no way to reflash the ecu on our cars to run 440cc injectors, only way to run them is put a ssafc on it or go standalone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

during a cruise its suppose to be around 14-16. During boost its ok for it to be at 11-12 but 10 is dumping fuel thats your issue.

Two ways to fix it either throw back the stock injectors for the mean time. Or either get the ecu tuned properly for those injectors. I have someone who can tune them for you pm if you need it done.

Oh wow! Is there a DIY on how to put stock injectors back on? or just install them? I'd love to get my car tuned but I'm stationed over here in Spain so wont be back stateside until 2018

Its very simple to drop the stock injectors. Open up the gas tank cap to release the pressure. Then remove the electrical plugs on top of each injector. Then remove the 4 bolts holding down the fuel rail. Really simple

Open up the gas tank cap to release the pressure.

lololol, um no. You pull the injector or FP fuse or relay and run the car until it dies to relieve fuel pressure. Removing the gas cap won't do anything lmao.

And none of that is necessary when replacing injectors unless the car was just running.

hmmmmmmm lol well once I get to my car I'll do that I hope that fixes the car sucks shifting at 3500 all the time

Also I do have Forged internals K1 rods Wiseco pistons. If I go back to stock injectors will I be able to up to the boost? I'm a little confused

If you have forged internals you can raise the boost. You can either go back to stock injectors or get an AFC, unichip or other aftermarket ECU and tune for the 440s.

lololol, um no. You pull the injector or FP fuse or relay and run the car until it dies to relieve fuel pressure. Removing the gas cap won't do anything lmao.

And none of that is necessary when replacing injectors unless the car was just running.

REALLY? LOL well my way got the work done.

If you have forged internals you can raise the boost. You can either go back to stock injectors or get an AFC, unichip or other aftermarket ECU and tune for the 440s.

I didn't want to start my own thread for this since it seems to come up a lot, but I also couldn't find an answer to my question. I'm using my MSP as my daily driver and am worried about getting boost cut during the cold Michigan winters. My car has a Unichip installed and I'm wondering if this will help prevent fuel cut/boost cut or if this will actually aggravate the problem. Increased boost seems like it would aggravate the problem but I know that it can also adjust the A/F ratio which seems like that could help to prevent it.

I'd rather not find out by hitting boost cut and if it would make sense to just remove the unichip for the winter I'll take that route. I'm starting to get a little paranoid about the reliability of this car and if it is realistic as a daily driver in a cold climate...

Back