Bluetooth controls for iPod

johnnybeltway

:
'10
Has anyone had any luck controlling their iPod with the controls on the stereo? I can pause and play through the Bluetooth but skipping tracks does not seem to work.

Does anybody know if this is a limitation of the software in the car, or the iPod or both?

Thanks,

John O

it's a limitation of the iPod. iPods/iPhones do not yet support Bluetooth AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile), which would allow you to use the steering wheel and stereo controls. I hope it's part of the upcoming iPhone OS 4.0 update!

I have a iphone 3gs and blue tooth works fine for the phone, music playback is OK, there is stutter or hickup very minute or so, very slight, is anyone else seeing (hearing) this? I did a search and some people blame it on wifi and bluetooth or they say it is when the iphone locks. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Marcel.
2010 Mazda 3 i touring

I have a iphone 3gs and blue tooth works fine for the phone, music playback is OK, there is stutter or hickup very minute or so, very slight, is anyone else seeing (hearing) this? I did a search and some people blame it on wifi and bluetooth or they say it is when the iphone locks. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Marcel.
2010 Mazda 3 i touring

Yeah, I hear it too. I imagine it has to do with the quality of the Bluetooth signal, since you don't hear the sound when you connect the iPhone via aux-in. Also, it's not when the phone locks, because if you keep the phone on a charger while using the iPod, the screen will stay unlocked, and you'll still hear the interruptions.

I checked at the Mazda site and it states that BT audio for the iphone is not supported, just BT phone, so I guess we are just lucky it works as well as it does. I sure hope that the iphone OS 4.0 update will fix the stutter.

Before I got the iPod Integration Module, I used an iPod Touch in my 2010 M3 hatchback. The bluetooth worked great and sounded extremely good. I very rarely get any stuttering (maybe once a day).

i had a built in USB in my old Civic SI that came stock from the factory and was great bc like u guys stated, it would lock the ipod and i could use the channel up/down, volume up/down. But however for the Speed3 a company out here in Colorado (Elite Audio Solutions) said they can make a dock for me so i could use the steering wheel controls. Once i have it installed i will shoot a video and post it.

I checked at the Mazda site and it states that BT audio for the iphone is not supported, just BT phone, so I guess we are just lucky it works as well as it does. I sure hope that the iphone OS 4.0 update will fix the stutter.

the reason I posted above is the reason it's listed as not supported on the Mazda site - i.e. it's only partially supported, so they just list it as not supported.

anyway, I'm curious to see DISIindahead's solution.

the reason I posted above is the reason it's listed as not supported on the Mazda site - i.e. it's only partially supported, so they just list it as not supported.

anyway, I'm curious to see DISIindahead's solution.

yea ima ask the owner of the shop how much its gonna be since im having them install my system as well. So along with details on pricing, etc... i will keep u guys updated!

I have the os 4.0 update on the 3G iphone and it will play/pause but thats it. Still no skipping forward on tracks. Can still hear some crackle on occasion as well.

I love that I can stream audio from my iPad I take to and from work every day, but when I get a call via Bluetooth, it stops the audio. Cool feature, but it doesn't start it up again after the call is done. That means I have to unlock the iPad and hit play again (while driving)...not so good.

I typically turn off the iPad screen during play. Maybe leaving the screen on would keep it from stopping and would just mute? I'll have to try it. Anyone have similar experience?

I love that I can stream audio from my iPad I take to and from work every day, but when I get a call via Bluetooth, it stops the audio. Cool feature, but it doesn't start it up again after the call is done. That means I have to unlock the iPad and hit play again (while driving)...not so good.

I typically turn off the iPad screen during play. Maybe leaving the screen on would keep it from stopping and would just mute? I'll have to try it. Anyone have similar experience?

Or hit the play button on the dash again? lawlawlawl

It's supposed to auto-play, so I don't know why it isn't. Did you try digging around in the Settings? If you want to keep the screen on without killing the battery, leave the iPad on a charger with the iPod app open.

I have the same problem with my iTouch. My Blackberry Tour connects to BT phone and my iTouch connects to BT audio and they both work at the same time. However, whenever I receive a call, my BT audio becomes disconnected and I can't listen to my iTouch until I restart my car again.

Is there any way that I can use my iTouch while using my BB Tour? Thank you.

Back