Blue LEDs w/Reverse Gauges

the leds will only light up when in the correct direction, the more expensive led replacements will, but these are trial and error.

and murphey's law says you will allways put them in wrong, j/k.
but how it was for me.

okay, i have just tried again, every possible combination with these lights, and the two 194's aren't lighting up s***! grrrrr.

the tips of them are concaved, is that the problem?

I don't think the 194 leds of that style work very well because they arent like the bulbs that originally lit it all up. See, LED's are directional and the bulbs light up a larger area. There are other types of 194 LED's to buy. I am going to try installing my 194's that are actually 4 small LED's together. Then i have some JDM bulbs that are like a little dome with an LED inside the dome. We'll see what works best. All I know is the concave ones do not work for the main lighting. They are bright, but won't light up a wide enough area.

not a toal loss though, the ones i bought are now in my map lights. i am ordering the 6 tip ones soon!

Whoa. I don't think I've seen the 6tip ones. Now, tell me, since the 194's have to have wide range, the 74's don't then? I haven't tried the 74's yet, but they only light up one thing each, don't they? So the concave LED ones will work fine. (i.e. The ones sold on that above site.)

Back