Block Gaurd

odie84

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
I have been in on several Honda builds and in each one of these we throw a block gaurd in, I have looked and looked for one for my msp and have found nothing. Any one be able to point me in the right direction. I just joined the zoom zoom boom club and am laying out my build and would love to have one in my build.

There isnt really much for these cars aftermarket wise. if you cant find one your best bet would probably be trying to find another 2.0 engine and having a block guard from that engine custome fitted to your engine since your going to wan to get any block guard machined for specs anyways.

Who is doing your build?

Ive looked into before also and came up with nothing.like spicy said youll have to have one made

+1 the fsde is a closed deck iron block.

Because of this design a block guard is none existent. It doesn't have water jackets in same way typical honda blocks do. The block is a single piece and doesn't have sleeves.

This block is very strong and can handle a lot more then you'll be able to afford as long as forged internals have been correctly prepped and installed. Also correct turning. (Obviously over time Knocking, or hydro locking will kill any engine no matter the strength)

Last edited:
I personaly will be doing the build. I will be subbing out the machine work to our local performance shop. I will google image our blocks or atleast until I start my tear down of the two engines.

Back