Bloated salaries even if I hide in the bathroom...

chacon101

Is protecting his balls
:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
So, I just got done reading about how the head of some American auto company was sitting in place when they lost 12.7 billion dollars and guess what, he made 27+ million in the first four months of 2007.

WHAT

THE

****?

I guess I don't get these inflated salaries. If you get one of those jobs, you might as well order that gold plated airplane since no matter what you do, you're going to be so freaking rich that you can buy an island chain that spells out your name.

What about if they only paid that guy one million for that quarter and then spread the rest out as bonuses for the employees of this company? I would assume that moral would go up and also productivity. This kind of s*** just pisses me off because there is no real balance and responisibility when it comes to these salaries where real people are involved.

Maybe I am alone here but to me, this is just such a complete and utter travesty when it comes to the balance of money vs productivity and slaps the share holders/workers in the face.

What pisses me off the most is that a good friend of mine got laid off by an american auto company, when he doesn't even make a 100th of that salary. Plus he has a wife and 2 kids. This company put his family in a bind ..

personally, this makes me sick. You should only be allowed to make so much money and stop. Stupid yes, but with 30 million dollars, you can live very very well for a long time without work, so stop working and let someone else take the job.

don't even get me started on athletes...what a joke.

What in the world...you guys have some messed up views. If you cap what someone makes there will be a lot of potentially great but unmotivated people in the world. Money is what motivates these great people to do great things.

At who's expense? Twenty eight million...that's what it takes to hire motivated people? My friend, I am extremely motivated at work and I get paid decently for what I do....no matter what would happen, I could never EARN thirty million dollars in four months.

What in the world...you guys have some messed up views. If you cap what someone makes there will be a lot of potentially great but unmotivated people in the world. Money is what motivates these great people to do great things.

Yeah, I'm sure that guy is so brilliant, and so motivated. Why did he still fail? He got his paycheck, guaranteed more money even if he fails and they "fire" him. Severance package of multiple million dollars just aint the same "foot in the ass" that everyone else gets when they fail.

When will people learn that the rich take care of the rich, rain or shine, win or lose, they will be fine. The rest of us have to watch our backs.

When will people learn that the rich take care of the rich, rain or shine, win or lose, they will be fine. The rest of us have to watch our backs.

It's not really the rich taking care of the rich. It was probably in his contract. Most of the time when a company hires a CEO, the board negotiates a contract with that person. Yes, it's screwed up. Same thing in pro sports. Sign a QB and pay him a butt load of money. Said QB does not produce. QB still gets butt load of money. (crazy)

It's a racket. The former CEO of the telecom company I worked for before we were bought out took his golden parachute and hauled ass right after the buyout, while thousands of worker bees like myself got the axe...with no severance.

He landed a job as CEO of another telecom company and has managed to run it into the ground recently. Another golden parachute deployed.

There should be laws against what he's doing. He is clearly incompetent, and is getting paid big bucks to be so. Sarbanes-Oxley isn't going far enough. Auditing upper management's compensation against their performance is needed.

In that same mag that I read about this, I heard that the old Toyota head for N. America was paid $50 million to jump over to another company..I think it was Daimler Benz if I remember correctly.

Aren't there some seriously motivated/smart people out there that would be willing to do these jobs for much less? Kinda like a supply and demand sort of thing. I would love to meet one of these guys. To see if they are just that brilliant.

Back