Bike rack for 03 Protege5?

Not sure what rack your talking about but I'm sure you could protect the car from it, especially for short infrequent trips. Just have to make sure it's on there good, wouldn't want it bouncing along behind the car hanging on by a strap beating the s*** out of the back of the car. Like you said, f the cheap ass bikes-don't mess with the car. The more you have to deal with that the less you can justify the hassle & you'll want something you can trust for longer trips and/or better bikes.

yea, i just dont want to spend alot because its only going to get used for this 3 day trip, then will sit in the garage until next summer or get sold on ebay. Im sure i can use something to protect my car and make sure it on good so it doesnt bounce, or better yet, ill get my gf to take her car (96 mercury sable) and then i wont worry about my car.

IMO the rack you're talking about might work out better on hers seeing as how it has trunk instead of hatch. Good luck, have fun, get all muddy, enjoy the scenery & as always, ride more.

Hi there - PLEASE PLEASE tell me what brand this rack is, and any other information you have on it. If possible please reply off-list at jwalshaw@gmail.com. Desperate to find a rack that works over my spoiler... hitches are just way too expensive!

Cool! 11 yr bump FTMFW!..............saris bones 2 bike is what is use over the spoiler on the hatch. I add a piece of foam where the strap goes over the edge of the spoiler and have had no issues. Usually just have 1 bike back there but have hauled 2. As long as they aren't both 50lb bikes, it's not an issue.

As you can see the arc is adjustable to fit most anything. Both legs and the arm are adjustable. I even had the midwing shopping cart spoiler at one time and this rack even cleared that.........

saris-bones-2-bikes.jpg

Haha first post, bike enthusiast here.
I run a saris hitch mount double tray rack on the protege, also a homemade roof basket with two more mounts. I use a 5 bike recon rack for shuttle duty on the 4runner.

Redding? Now I am going to be looking for a P5 with a hitch rack. I thought I had (key word...had...car was wrecked) the only one with a hitch rack. I had a Kuat Transfer. Now it's on my 3.

If you have been around Redding, Im sure you have seen it. It was yellow until last year with gunmetal wheels. Like thr other three that were aroundtown. Last april I painted it white with gold wheels and a fs-ze swap...with a bike rack.

Strange, I normally see them just because it is a rare car to pop up. Plus a white one I would notice because my car was white. I just see a lot of clean stock red ones.

I have an uninstalled hitch rack for P5 I would be willing to part with if anyone is interested. Just not gonna install it. I have a truck and SUV to haul bikes with.

Back