Best way to remove bugs from headlights

t520a-renew-rx-bug-and-tar-remover.jpg

The warm soapy water approach is probably most efficient and safest for your headlights.

FYI that at least some of the "quick detailing" sprays have worked well for me for spottier amounts of bug corpses, but still require some elbow grease with a microfiber cloth. I spray, let sit for about a minute, and then go at it.

I use stoners terminator on the front to dissolve the bug guts and road splatter along with a microfiber scrubbing sponge that is scratch free. Another trick is to get a towel wet and drape it over the headlight, the moisture will help soften the deceased and make it easier to clean off.

Many thanks. Is stoners terminator safe to use?

Yes, just don't use if weird kids from your hood are around. LOL

It is safe to use just like with MOST car care products don't do it under sun light or hot paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go out and purchase a jug of summer windshield washer fluid that specifies bugs and tar. Its very inexpensive. I believe there is an enzyme in it that dissolves bug guts. Pour some in an old glass cleaner spray bottle. Spray your headlights (or the whole front of the vehicle including the windshield and side mirrors for that matter) and wait a few seconds. Wipe with a damp sponge and they come off quite easily! Your one jug of windshield washer fluid will laser a long time too!

Back