Best way to delete fog lights?

Matt V

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I plan on getting HID's soon so I think I will get rid of my fog lights. I see that people put grilles in place of where the fog housings go but where can I get those?

these are the part numbers you need:

B32E-50-C11 right cover
B32E-50-C21 left cover

try the montgomery mazda vendor listed in the vendors area.

I just checked Onlinemazdaparts.com and they list it as a set for $21.15, looks like I'm gonna have to order it soon. Anyone know what a good set of factory fog lights is worth?

I could give the harness with it but I'm sure it would be difficult to fully remove correctly.

actually, it should be pretty strait forward. though I'm not personally familiar with it, seeing as I have yet to have fogs on my car.

i have projectors run in my lower grille

i wouldn't delete the fogs all together, i liked using them as daytime runing lights with the
On with parking lights mods done

But, they do sell 2 types of deletes, those in the 03.5 MSP lip and those that fit the p5 bumper

DSC01760.jpg

Carshoot1-27-09016.jpg

the foglight harness isnt hard to take off the car, it just unclips on the passenger side inside the fender, but if u want the blinkers to work you'll have to cut the tape around the wires and take those out

EDIT: OK WTF WHY IS THE TIME MESSED UP, I JUST POSTED THIS AT 10AM and it says 4

I have HID's on my car, and they virtually eliminate the need for my fog lamps. I tried to convert my fogs to HID, but they didn't turn out so well. I'm still looking for the HID Iceberg Blue fogs....but if I can't find them, I might as well get rid of them altogether.

I have HID's on my car, and they virtually eliminate the need for my fog lamps. I tried to convert my fogs to HID, but they didn't turn out so well. I'm still looking for the HID Iceberg Blue fogs....but if I can't find them, I might as well get rid of them altogether.
I have HID's in both headlights and my foglights, I have never had a problem with turning them on.

the part numbers I gave you is for the P5. 03.5 MSP fog deletes come as a pair under 1 part number

When I looked it up on Online Mazda Parts it corrected itself to one part #. Part #000086C09 - Grille Kit Set.

It says the part #'s you gave me have been superseded by that new number. Maybe it's the wrong part # because I searched another thread and the MSP guys say for their bumper it's #000086C09.

that part correction is incorrect, the supersceded number will get you the MSP fog deletes... the numbers I gave you are the correct numbers, you have to make sure you get the NON supersceded parts. (I'm one of those MSP guys you're talkin about... lol)

How do I do that? From what I'm seeing on the website it's not even possible to choose the old part #'s.

Awesome, that looks great. I might have to look into that after I get HID's. Now I just gotta sort this confusion out about the fog covers.

Damn, just got a quote from the dealer and the covers are $35/piece. :(

Back