Best place to buy oil filters?

jasonjm

I usually grab a Napa Gold here and there but I'd like to buy a case this time.

There are other good filters, and I'm looking into this. Another good name out there is Champion, which reviewed to have good filtration.

Where do you guys buy your filters online?
Who has a good deal?

I usually grab a Napa Gold here and there but I'd like to buy a case this time.

There are other good filters, and I'm looking into this. Another good name out there is Champion, which reviewed to have good filtration.

Where do you guys buy your filters online?
Who has a good deal?

I would like to buy in bulk too, maybe save some money?

What about for stock filter housing (cartridge).

I probably won't be going spin till warranty is over with.

call up napa or something and ask if you can buy cases. i am sure they will sell them to you they sell them to shops 20 times a day

call up napa or something and ask if you can buy cases. i am sure they will sell them to you they sell them to shops 20 times a day

Thanks. They seem to want to charge me retail for the case, ok whats next?

Any other suggestiongs? I'm Trying! (guitar)

for warranty reasons i read some where not to buy em in bulk cause if something goes wrong the dates are off or something to you your own.

become an amsoil dealer

Main website lists $6.20/ea retail, not sure how much a discount a dealer gets.

Fleet Filter lists $3.25/ea. Much Better.

Napa Online (what you would expect to pay @ the store) you pay $5.49.

These prices are all for the exact same filter. The Napa/Wix Part#: 57203.

the same ebay seller as above also sells the standard cartridge filters, although 6/$35, so almost $6 each. however, you can make him an offer instead of using the 'buy it now' feature. personally, i can't wait until march, when the car will be due for the next oil change. that's when i'll go spin-on filter conversion. i can't stand/understand why mazda would use such small filters, esp in a high performance engine. the wix unit is the one used on the B3000 truck, and it offers at least twice the filtering media.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

the same ebay seller as above also sells the standard cartridge filters, although 6/$35, so almost $6 each. however, you can make him an offer instead of using the 'buy it now' feature. personally, i can't wait until march, when the car will be due for the next oil change. that's when i'll go spin-on filter conversion. i can't stand/understand why mazda would use such small filters, esp in a high performance engine. the wix unit is the one used on the B3000 truck, and it offers at least twice the filtering media.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Looks like I'll go with fleet.

I agree with you on the spin-on. I really want to go that route, but I want to milk the warranty as much as possible. My dealer's service dept. isn't the most receptive to 'modifications', no matter how factually beneficial.

Yes, Don't forget to order five oil plug washers and replace it every time. The deal is a good deal but they get you on the shipping. But stil better than buying one at a time from a parts house.

That comes to $6.97/ea with shipping.

Not as good as the fleet option.

Yes, Don't forget to order five oil plug washers and replace it every time. The deal is a good deal but they get you on the shipping. But stil better than buying one at a time from a parts house.

Don't get all bent on having to replace that washer every time you change your oil. It's over-rated. I've used the same washer for 10's of thousands of miles on previous vehicles of mine with no leaks, ever. Inspect the washer and if it's torn up or in bad shape, which I highly doubt it will be, then replace it. If it looks normal, it will not hurt to use it again. I would use a torque wrench on the drain bolt, however, rather than giving the bolt a "WAG". Paying $1.37 for a friggen aluminum washer because it's a "Mazda" part is insane when you can buy a whole package of them at Autozone for almost the same price. Their price of $4.76 for an oil filter is, however, a good one.

Most dealer parts guys will just toss you a bag of crush washers if you buy their filters in bulk anyway.

Walmart Motorcraft oil filters part #: FL-2017B = $3 or $4, cant remember. I found this out when I went to Mazda for an OEM filter and paid $7-$8 for the EXACT same filter as the Motorcraft unit, just in a Mazda "Genuine" parts box.

Back