Best color for '17 CX-5?

I use some turtle wax brand..

Since I'm lazy........been using 303 because the stuff lasts a long time for me. That said I've been meaning to use raw organic coconut oil due to being a green product and with no chemicals.

No issues with armour all. Been using the letter protectant for the last 10 years with no issues

Ive heard from more then one different source that armor-all should be avoided for interior protection.

Keep in mind that your leather has a protecting coating on top of the leather (I dont think Mazda even uses real leather to begin with) so there isnt a leather cleaner/conditioner in the world that can penetrate this protective layer... dont even waste your money on that stuff. You can easily make a clean with 1/3 part detergent and warm water in a spray bottle using a medium bristle brush and a microfibre rag to wipe everything off. This is the cheapest and most effective method to keep your leather clean.

I’ve heard from more then one different source that armor-all should be avoided for interior protection.

Keep in mind that your leather has a protecting coating on top of the leather (I don’t think Mazda even uses real leather to begin with) so there isn’t a leather cleaner/conditioner in the world that can penetrate this protective layer... don’t even waste your money on that stuff. You can easily make a clean with 1/3 part detergent and warm water in a spray bottle using a medium bristle brush and a microfibre rag to wipe everything off. This is the cheapest and most effective method to keep your leather clean.

I spoke to Mazda Australia HQ and they told me not to use any type of cleaner inside be it on the dashboard (including wipes) or on the leather seats.

If the seat gets dirty, just wipe it off with a damp cloth

2 actually. My wife's 2010 Nissan Maxima, which we had for 5+ years then traded it in for her current 2015 Nissan Rogue. I'm a detail fanatic so I don't mind owning a black vehicle at all. Gives me a challenge. Here's some pics.

I use Adam's Polishes and AmmoNYC products for my detailing arsenal. Checkout my detailing account on Instagram @drivecleancny

2d97cd7e8adcf11ca84bf23368483ab7.jpg

685dc8bf80b5ae3de2d127911cf24ce4.jpg

01380eb3229c2c9b0eb49e49e7f17ab9.jpg

Damn...come paint correct my black CX-5?

I tried to no success.

Last edited:
agree with you 100%. We bought the '17 Sonic Silver and I'm still scratching my head as in our driveway, next to our Liquid Platinum (silver) Infinity G37x, it look gray...Had I realized this would be the case, I would have gone with the dark gray but we have no garage and I worried it would look dirty all the time versus silver/gray being very forgiving to dirt...

Well, it sure is some sort of funny mix between silver and gray, perhaps a little bit plain but I think its a GREAT colour and it suits the look of the car quite well. Nothing wrong with sonic silver at all!

Now our Mazda 6 is in liquid silver metallic (there is a lighter version and darker version of this paint, we have the darker one) and it looks truly amazing! That or machine gray have to be the two nicest mainstream paints for these cars. What do you think of liquid silver?

I realize this post is months old, but wanted to share that we just bought a '17 CX5 in Sonic Silver & imo it's a blah grey color & not silver! (We park it next to hubby's '09 G37x Infiniti that's Liquid Platinum & THAT looks silver. The Sonic Silver is a dull gray to my eyes. On the good side, we always buy silver cars as no garage & silver is so forgiving between washes! It's odd to me that people think the Sonic is too bright and light. I find it the opposite when compared to our other 2 silver cars. I'm also still trying to see any "metallic" sheen which makes me wonder what we got as it sure doesn't look silver! lol

28f10da47c786ee8e0609d84247daf90.jpg

00be1b3a7e54321ece74b96b0cf720e5.jpg

I'm a sucker for silver. Gray was my next choice but for an extra $300 no thank you. Black is always sharp no matter what.

I spoke to Mazda Australia HQ and they told me not to use any type of cleaner inside be it on the dashboard (including wipes) or on the leather seats.

If the seat gets dirty, just wipe it off with a damp cloth

Oh well thats great, wish I knew that before wiping my dashboard. I dont understand what sort of material they use, but the cleaner left these uneven shiny marks on the plastic that is very difficult to take off and keep clean. The pleather looks fine however.

Oh well that’s great, wish I knew that before wiping my dashboard. I don’t understand what sort of material they use, but the cleaner left these uneven shiny marks on the plastic that is very difficult to take off and keep clean. The pleather looks fine however.

I just use a microfibre duster on my dashboard

Xeler8ing requested Sonic Silver photos so here are a few of my 2017 CX-5 AWD GT Premium. I find it not very metallic-looking but it's parked in the shade & I barely drive it so maybe it'll look more so in the sun. I'll post a photo in the sun when the sun is back as we're having storms for a few days
DSC_0204.jpg
DSC_0205.jpg
DSC_0206.jpg

Xeler8ing requested Sonic Silver photos so here are a few of my 2017 CX-5 AWD GT Premium. I find it not very metallic-looking but it's parked in the shade & I barely drive it so maybe it'll look more so in the sun. I'll post a photo in the sun when the sun is back as we're having storms for a few days
DSC_0204.jpg
DSC_0205.jpg
DSC_0206.jpg

Looks stunning Lynne!

Last edited:
Is it legal to have a trip permit behind a tinted window? I see that a lot, always assumed that it is not.

Oh well that’s great, wish I knew that before wiping my dashboard. I don’t understand what sort of material they use, but the cleaner left these uneven shiny marks on the plastic that is very difficult to take off and keep clean. The pleather looks fine however.

Try AmmoNYC Lather Interior Cleaner. Spray, lather up with a brush and wipe clean. It leaves a matte finish. Larry's products are pricey but well worth it. He's a one man show who's one of the best in the business. Or check out Adam's Polishes products. I highly recommend both.

And for the record I started with Armour All 17 years ago. It was fine then but I've learned from experience that paying more will give better and longer lasting results. That's my 2 cents.

Back