Best Airport to land?

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
I am seriously considering flying out to Jersey next month, and was wondering what airport I would most likely be landing at? Damn search on American Airlines sux!

newark would be the best. but if you are coming out for the open house in york, pa, i would recommend philly.

i can find you some reasonable airfare. how many people and what time/date are you interested in flying?

It would be just me! Please, if you can find some decent airfaire, please! The way it's looking now, it will cost too much for right now. Let me know.

Baltimore is the closest airport to York, PA. Philly-->York is about 2 hours. Baltimore-->York is about 1 hour.

i don't know what prices you've found but i have found airfare from $168-$258, depending on your departure and return dates (departure being any day BUT Friday, return being any day BUT Sunday).

So that means possibly coming in Thursday/Saturday, leaving Saturday/Monday.

How many days are we talking about here?

Ok, that would probably be why I was getting high fares. I was putting my departure date as Friday, May 7th. I plan to return Monday. I would also have to make transportation arrangements to get around the tri-state area.

ACY is close to me, but it's probably expensive to fly into because it's small.

PHL is honestly your best bet. It's probably the closest airport to Wagner's shop, and even at that, it's a good 2 hours away.

LinuxRacr said:
Damn, I was wanting to vist both shops. How far are they apart?
doh. about 2-1/2 to 3 hours from West Long Branch, NJ to York, PA.

EWR (Newark) is the closest to West Long Branch, NJ

BWI (Baltimore) is the closest to York, PA

Last edited:
Aw, that's nothing! Try driving in Texas sometime. 2 2/1 hours is like from here to Austin. From DFW to the Texas border with Oklahoma in the panhandle was from morinng till dark. To El Paso is like 19 hours. Nice way to see the state. Wish I could bring my car. I just looked at my atlas, and got a good idea of where everyone is spaced out at in Jersey. I've yet to find York, PA. That's next. Thanks for making my trip more optomistic.

LinuxRacr said:
What's the 3-letter Airport Code?
depends who u want to fly... I like us airways so i fly out of philly to atlanta...
but altanta is all delta so if u were flying out of altanta, that would be the best...

usally u want to fly whoever has the majority of the airport.. that way u get proirity on take off.. so u are not sitting there for 2 hrs.. *cough* airtran *cough*

Ok, I found York. It's quite a was from Newark visually on the map, but if you say that's 2 1/2 hours, I know I can do that easy.

Yeah it's a bit of a drive from Newark but nothing too bad. Let me know if you need anything...I'm only 20 minutes from Newark airport.

jersey_emt said:
Yeah it's a bit of a drive from Newark but nothing too bad. Let me know if you need anything...I'm only 20 minutes from Newark airport.
Yeah, Newark to Philly is like 45-60 miles (roughly) from what I'm seeing. That's one-way to work for me.

Back