Backlighting (spotlighting) toward the bottom of the screen. Anyone else?

Hi, brand new Carbon CX-9 owner but this is really for any CX-9 owner that has the dash mounted info screen. I’d appreciate any feedback. I noticed a little LCD backlighting (spotlighting) toward the bottom of the screen when it’s dark and the screen is on. Anyone else see this? Is this normal and common? I know it can be an issue on televisions as well but thought I’d ask. Photo attached. See edge on middle bottom.

Attachments

• 98DD6161-2558-4FF5-81B4-7F700AB73816.jpeg
    98DD6161-2558-4FF5-81B4-7F700AB73816.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 152
Looks like a little bit of backlight bleeding. It's pretty common on cheap televisions. If it bothers you, maybe Mazda can replace it. We don't have that issue on our 2019. Certainly not acceptable in a vehicle.

2019 have a different screen and infotainment system. Whether it is acceptable or not depends of how dark it has to be for it to be noticeable.

Hi, brand new Carbon CX-9 owner but this is really for any CX-9 owner that has the dash mounted info screen. I’d appreciate any feedback. I noticed a little LCD backlighting (spotlighting) toward the bottom of the screen when it’s dark and the screen is on. Anyone else see this? Is this normal and common? I know it can be an issue on televisions as well but thought I’d ask. Photo attached. See edge on middle bottom.
Yes, i started to get that today as well. There is ghosting shadows of bright light around characters. See my other posts today. I did not have this when i went out today, but after shopping and coming home, i got this bright light shadow. Also a reddish halo around the clock digits. I think the screen is faulty. Let me know how you fixed yours. There is nothing in setup to address this, so it is a defect.

Back