AWR rear mount only?

DocBoom

:
MSP
I have the AWR rear mount but not the front yet, I was planning on installing the front mount first seeing how it felt and then possibly installing the rear as well. However, now that they have arrived am trying to resist the temptation of putting them on and am slowly losing. Just wondering if other than a bunch of shaking are there going to be advantages/disadvantages or ill reprocussions from having only the rear mounts installed?

Rear mount by itself is not going to have any more or less performance than front by itself. Most opt to do only the front as it's easy compared to the rear (Which is a b****).

I would recomend doing both at the same time. That way you will be shocked more the first time you start the car... :)

Thanks...and LOL, you have a very valid point, but its so hard to resist, its so...so...new. Probably I will change my mind though an hour in through if the concensus holds true.

I have both (AT rear, MT front).
I installed the front myself and liked the way the car felt.
I then had the rear instaled by the dealer about a month later. The car shook like a MOFO and still does.
I took just the front out for the winter to try to lessen the rattles, it barely made a difference.
IMO, the rear makes a far bigger difference than the front.
If I had to do it again, i would do just the front.

I love the shake. The car sounds like a... Ummm Racecar, the tranny whines...

Don't forget, all the rattle that the engine used to send to the mounts, is now being sent to the firewall...

The only problem with doing only the front mount is the amount of stress put on the stock rear mount. I have had both the AT/MT bushings and combinations of the AT/MT bushings in the front/rear AWR mounts. With both F&R AT it isn't really that bad.

wow, this install really does suck....luckily my buddy, whom I am libating with alcohol is still pretty gung-ho about the project....lets wish him luck!

Just getting this thing back together now and I am assuming that the metal and rubber spacer/washer goes back on. This is correct? and probably more imprortantly was there one for the other side (passenger/nut side)? Cause if there was, I'm in trouble! :)

Back