AWR Coilovers, just revalved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

122 Vega

Retired MSP Racer!
:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege #1668,2005 Mini Cooper S, 75 Cosworth Vega
The time has come to part with my AWR coilovers. They are Bilsteins, non-adjustable but recently revalved by Tony (2 months ago). They are stiffer than the off the shelf kit that everyone sells, they cost me $2200 originally and I just spent almost $500 for the revalve. Tony also rewelded the swabar tabs in the rear and shortened the housings so there is no play with the rear struts. I have owned these since 2006, put about 50 autocrosses on them, maybe 10,000 street miles. I will include 350 lb springs and 450 lb springs, 8" to get more tire clearence. They are still in my car until I get some serious interest and I will pull them out. Only 1 autocross since then.

I am selling them because my EP car is done and I am focusing on racing it this year.

I'd like to get $1500 for them.

BTW, The "camber plates" are installed as "caster plates." I I have it set up with +7 caster and -2.5 camber.

Enjoy the pic of my EP engine as well.

Thanks,

Britt

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03288-1.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

what is it?

that's a good idea about using the camber for caster...

That's what 240 naturally aspirated horsepower look like!

1975 Cosworth Vega.

Proof you don't need VTEC to spin 9,800 rpm!

Britt

stop teasing with the cosworth....that engine is sexy...DOHC power in the days OHV ruled the world

Anyone interested? I need to get air ride for my truck!

Britt

Would trade for a decent running Formula Junior Kid's Kart as well, my son (6 y/o) wants to start racing, he's been waiting for some time:

sad%20racer.jpg

Britt

Last edited:
Trade for my AWRs + cash? :)

With your setup, how did you obtain the camber, via the slotted holes on the plate itself or with eccentric bolts? Is the added caster worth it?

I currently have +3* caster and -2.5* camber... was thinking maybe I could switch my setup to something like yours while I have the car torn apart.

Camber bolts

Payment plan? How about 100% down, nothing to pay ever!

Britt

bump for you... rode in a car with similar coilovers this weekend, very impressive stuff. wish i could afford....

ttt, but which subforum it will go to the top of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back