Autoweek mentions clunk

jaymode

I was just reading some thing on autoweek. Here is the link.http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...carboard&loc_code=index&content_code=00681590

for those who would like to see it here:
"GRITZINGER: At this price, the car is pretty cool, with a nice array of add-ons from the rear wing to the racy steering wheel to the wild Kenwood audio system to the turbo under the hood. The short shifter is snick-snick, but Id like a little bit more length to work with. Steering is right-now, if a little overboosted. The engine and suspension work well together, even if theyre a little noisywhat is that loud thump in the rear? Im not the right demographic, but Im pretty sure the sound wasnt coming from a subwoofer. And Id think twice about these tiresthey tram around worse than any small car Ive ever driven. "

He mentions the clunk from the rear, maybe this is why mazda decided to fix because they could get bad press for the clunk.

Also can someone explain to me what he means about the tires in the last sentence.

yea i was kinda disapointed when i read that one .. he dont sound to excited and certainly didnt help sales any . sounds like they asked my grandfather to test drive it

Tram means they follow grooves in the road. Something my yoko avs's do like they were built for it, which is not that much fun sometimes. :)

oh ok, looked up tram but did not really get what he was meaning but yea these tires do like grooves in the road.

I was fooled by many of reviews similar to this one. When I went to test drive the speed I expected it to ride like a skateboard (in the road noise and vibration sense) and was suprised when it seemed relatively smooth. I don't think the review is overly unfair but it is obvious when someone over 35 writes a review on the MSP.

Clunk

Let's talk about that clunk in the rear for a second. I have that clunk coming from the suspension and it is very noticeable when you are driving over paint strips; small obstacles like that. But I have an increasingly worse rattle coming from what I think is a small gap between the box and the amp. Can anyone else relate to any of these probs.?

already posted this in the mp3 clunk thread, but hey at least the media now knows about this and maybe it'll force Mazda to do something.

My friend's Si's tire likes to follow groove too. It's a thing with asymetric groove tire I think. So i took that opinion with a grain of salt.

Heathen23 said:
I was fooled by many of reviews similar to this one. When I went to test drive the speed I expected it to ride like a skateboard (in the road noise and vibration sense) and was suprised when it seemed relatively smooth. I don't think the review is overly unfair but it is obvious when someone over 35 writes a review on the MSP.

PAC MAN FU**** ROCKS!

yea your new here so I guess you would not know about it, but there is a huge thread on the clunk in the mp3 section. The clunk for the suspension has a fix supposedly going to be released in about two weeks. The noise from the amp/sub box others have had and have found whatever piece makes it and adjusted it to fix it. The search button is your friend.

YuYuRena said:
...at least the media now knows about this and maybe it'll force Mazda to do something.

Agreed. I've finally waited to see some "negative" comments; maybe the negative comments will have a positive outlook for us owners wanting Mazda to fix the suspension...

This is so strange because I am close to 4000miles on my MSP and I don't have any clunk at all. I had the hesitation though but got the flash and it's now perfect. I'm loving my MSP!

Back