Autocross Pictures and Videos

Looks like your car handles awfully flat for not having coilovers (IIRC you've got the h&r springs). Whats your swaybar setup, fam? I can't wait to get out there again...my next few mods coming this month should certainly help when I do.

all stock with H&rs ...hard dead rs2s that don't flex....thats the secret lol. It is pretty flat... you can rock the car with your hand easily... but the movement has a very small range.

That's an impressive improvement for just a spring upgrade. Hopefully mine will be nearly as flat with my RB springs and f&r CS bars once I get everything on.

PAX is an indexing system that uses a multiplier based upon car class for comparison and scoring purposes. For example, an STF mazda 2 will come nowhere close to an STR S2000 given similarly skilled drivers. Using the pax system, the times become comparable as the STF pax multiplier is higher than that for STR. Things get more complex at pro tour events.

^ great video, its nice to see you got to test out the 2 off-road as well. I love that shot with the car up on 2 wheels.

...I love that shot with the car up on 2 wheels.

It was the only way we could get it to turn....lol

I'll take some more video when we go back to Wakefield Park in December. This is some footage from Sydney Motorsport Park from 2 weekends ago;

Here is me setting up the course this morning.
577862_10100671955283148_281215509_n.jpg

Here are a couple of videos. I have a lot more on my channel.

Rear suspension
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ2QqQxj6FM&list=UUY9TmfdfKe73ISSdzcYXGVw&index=2&feature=plcp

Front suspension. Mainly tire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBab9M1b5yU&list=UUY9TmfdfKe73ISSdzcYXGVw&index=7&feature=plcp

My GF doing an awesome job with her first time driving the 2 at an autocross. She has only autocrossed 4 times before in her auto civic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUHPMmA89vw&list=UUY9TmfdfKe73ISSdzcYXGVw&index=16&feature=plcp

As I watched this it reminded me of a video I'd watched on a little ol' website called Reddit. So I did some digging and comes to find out that it's one of your videos. The internet is a small place.

***First post, ever.***

Last autox of the season, and first autox with my mazda2. No mods, stock tires, ran in a PAX class RTF, and finished 17th pax out of 74 cars. Also another 2 there, she took 1st in Ladies class (also PAX) out of 5 cars.

Vnt9C.jpg

XkqCm.jpg

F6G1L.jpg

Haaa, can't wait to go racing in my MZ2. Got to love a well balanced little car :) Time to search for a thread with auto set-up: Tire size, wheels, suspension, power upgrades...

Re post, this seem to be a better place,

Somebody sent me this picture of my car at a recent test and tune just before Dixie Match Tour. On KSports Coilovers before spring upgrade, 15X6.5 Rota Slipstream with 195-50-15 Toyo R1R on the front, Factory wheels on the rear with 205-50-15 Bridgestone Re-11 (Budget set up)

8577736890_f194c19563_o.jpg

Andres

Last edited:
Back