Auto Lock Is Hit Or Miss

EagleRockCX5

:
2014 CX-5 GT 2WD
I have it set to lock when the remote goes away from the car, however it doesnt always do it. Yesterday it got broken into and ransacked, all they took was a micro usb charging cable and left a mess. I use the word "broken into" lightly because the doors were unlocked when I got to the car.

Any experience with this or a reason why it may not lock automatically?

If you don't walk away from the car going pass the hood, it doesn't always lock. I always listen to the beep.
So if I get out of the car & walk away perpendicular or not right next to the rear of the car, the doors won't lock.
Sorry about your car being ransacked, but at least they didn't break a window to get in, not that they would for an USB cord.

I've noticed it too, but came to the understanding that the vehicle must "see" the key near the driver, passenger, or hatch w/ all the doors closed before walking away. If you walk away too quickly while the door is closing or your waiting by the front of the car as your passengers exit the car then it won't auto lock.

Doesn't bother me as much, as I always press the lock button on the fob I'm anyways, just for redundancy.

I've noticed it too, but came to the understanding that the vehicle must "see" the key near the driver, passenger, or hatch w/ all the doors closed before walking away. If you walk away too quickly while the door is closing or your waiting by the front of the car as your passengers exit the car then it won't auto lock.

Doesn't bother me as much, as I always press the lock button on the fob I'm anyways, just for redundancy.

exactly... if any passenger closes their door after the driver door, the system does not lock. otherwise, it works every time for me nomatter witch direction I walk away from the car.
Knowing this, I now always wait for everyone to have closed their doors before closing mine.
its probably a safety feature... but I don't understand it.

Correction: I just tested, and any door can be closed after the drivers door as long as its done when the key is close enough to the car for the locks to be activated when going away from the car

Last edited:
Back