August 2022 Map Update Available

Thanks Conrad. Odd there would be a contact issue in both vehicles but it’s another arrow in my quiver of things to try. Appreciate your reply,

The chances of both having a connection issue are remote, but possible none the less. It's an easy fix to try and costs very little. Hey, it could work, right?

No chance that you got the cards mixed up, right? Putting the wrong card in would do the same thing I believe. I know, I know, just asking.

I finally got the updated map installed on my Nav. SIM card this morning. It was some ordeal. I suspect the problem was at the server end and not anything in my computer. As soon as I saw that the installation graph was starting to move I crossed my fingers and hoped that nothing interrupted the process. It took about 15 minutes to reach 100% and then the screen said the map update was successful and I could remove the SIM card from my computer and reinstall it in my CX 5. Yay !

For anyone that experiences similar difficulties all I can say is keep trying. Maybe the server has been overloaded with people trying to install the newest update these last few days or something.
What year is your cx5? Mine is 2021.5 in Canada. I am wondering if there is an update for mine. I did map update in early spring of 2022

Gus75, my CX 5 is a 2019 that I bought at the end of May, 2019. I believe that Mazda only provides free map updates for three years.

If you go to the My Mazda webpage and sign in, they should know that you are in Canada and you should be able to see what the last update was. Also if you are registered you should be receiving emails when the new updates become available.

The chances of both having a connection issue are remote, but possible none the less. It's an easy fix to try and costs very little. Hey, it could work, right?

No chance that you got the cards mixed up, right? Putting the wrong card in would do the same thing I believe. I know, I know, just asking.
The dealer has replaced both cards after determining both the old ones were corrupted. Everything works fine now. It’s nice to have the functionality back.

Gus75, my CX 5 is a 2019 that I bought at the end of May, 2019. I believe that Mazda only provides free map updates for three years.

If you go to the My Mazda webpage and sign in, they should know that you are in Canada and you should be able to see what the last update was. Also if you are registered you should be receiving emails when the new updates become available.
Hi, have you ever received an email from Mazda to tell you a new map version update is now available? I registered last year for 2021.5 cx5 and never received an email. I did do manual update and that was not that new if i recall. Are these map updates yearly or what?

Hi, have you ever received an email from Mazda to tell you a new map version update is now available? I registered last year for 2021.5 cx5 and never received an email. I did do manual update and that was not that new if i recall. Are these map updates yearly or what?

For the first time ever, I received a e-mail notice from Mazda that a map update was available. This was for my Amazon bought card, used in my MX, too, I never received a notice about my factory supplied nav card in my CX.

Updates have, in the past, been made available twice a year.

For my 2019 GT-R with a factory card, I received my first email notice from Mazda about the new August update. I was surprised.

Tried many times to update the OEM map card on my 2020 (first time since purchase) yesterday. Every time I inserted the SD card in my desktop, I'd get the warning in Toolbox to download the (same) update. (This after the toolbox telling me the card was "locked" a couple of times first, when it wasn't in fact locked.) Having done that, I'd get to a screen titled "Do you need help" instead of the home screen. It did show my correct VIN and a reading of how much memory was used on the card (5797 used, 15448 total). When I click on map version link, I get an "error HTTP status 500."
I can't seem to get to the page that offers login/registration or settings, or that will tell me if I am due for updated maps. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I searched around here quite a bit, but didn't see anyone dealing with a similar issue.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are doing map updates but not looking at dates. The last update i got was for 2021, and that was 8 months ago for me. I dont know if new update has come for 2022 date. No one here seem to paying much attention to the details when updating. I have never received an email from Mazda although registered 10 months ago.

Received an e-mail from Mazda on this.

This is the first time in over three years that I've received an e-mail notice of an update being available. And I just updated my Amazon purchased card (used in my MX), using my last update of three, a couple of weeks ago...

are you supposed to get 3 updates, or 3 years? Because I apparently had 3 years (2017 Mazda3), but never once updated the maps. should i be entitled to at least a couple?

are you supposed to get 3 updates, or 3 years? Because I apparently had 3 years (2017 Mazda3), but never once updated the maps. should i be entitled to at least a couple?
3 years of free updates with factory nav SD card from in service date. You have to manually check for updates and install from the Mazda app. They won't tell you when a new map comes out, you have to check about every 3 months

What version and map date did you download? Please can you advise or display screen shot of it.
I have a 2019 GTR. The latest map version for mine is August 2022. The email I got from Mazda stated that as did Mazda Toolbox when I did my latest update. If you take a look at posts #2 & #3 above apparently the newer CX-5 with the redesigned non touchscreen infotainment system use a different version of the maps.

Back