ATV bounced off my car...

yashooa

Full Metal Mazda
:
MSP, The BLACKNESS!
Some tool decided it would be a good idea to drive a 1200lb ATV tractor thing on the road today and then he decided it was an equally good idea to cut diagonally in front of my car without warning.

1.)This is not a road vehicle.
2.) He should be glad that it was not one of the many large SUVs that drive through here everyday that hit him.

I have 16k of go fast in this beast and I run 24PSI daily on pump gas.

Notice that the Perrin steel bar deflected the ATV to the left of the car and kept it from damaging anything behind it.
I know there was some debate as to the safety of the Perrin bar vs. the stock folded steel/Styrofoam part and in this case the Perrin part performed very well.

http://s2000.com/forums/members/yashooa-albums-1st-pics-picture1796-photo.jpg

photo.JPG

Attachments

• yashooa-albums-1st-pics-picture1796-photo.jpg
    yashooa-albums-1st-pics-picture1796-photo.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
It belongs to the development where I live. They will have to pay to fix it and reimburse us for a rental car. And of course, my Wife's car is in the shop which screws us. LOL...
We have three cars: 04 Turbo Beetle (in shop), S2000 (mine), MSP (My go fast car, now broken.)
It will need a new hood, front bumper cover thing, new passenger fender, side markers etc., headlight assembly and light, fender liners, grill and all the screws to attach the stuff.
And of course paint for the parts. I drove it home at WOT and dude that 24PSI turkey is LOUD without a bumper cover, especially with an Injen. It drives fine just needs the new parts. It did bend some of my IC core (a bit) so I will see what they will give me for it and get Perrin to make another one. I will install it myself.

Back