Anyone using waterless wash/wax, or other products for lazy people and no water access?

Learned real quick back in 2007 when I bought my first brand new car that slaving half a day or more away washing and waxing was a damn waste of time where I live (Arkansas).
Now, I just pay a quick visit to the local $1.00 spray wash to knock the heavy stuff off, and I'll do a quick soap/mitt/rinse sometimes to get stuff off that just a pressure spray won't remove.
Anyway, I thought I would try some of these "quick" products and see what's up.
Bought the Meguire's waterless wash and wax because it can be found at Walmart, and gets good Youtube reviews, and while it worked OK, I still worked and sweated my ass off, and you still cant tell that anything has been done a week later.

I use Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All mixed with some P&S Beadmaker as a drying aid/waterless wash when I don't do a contact wash. After a contact wash, I use P&S Beadmaker as a drying aid. It adds 5-10 minutes to my regular wash/rinse routine. The Beadmaker leaves a noticeable gloss and leaves good protection behind, but if you live in a dusty area, nothing is really going to save you from having to rinse the dust off the car on a regular basis.

I use Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All mixed with some P&S Beadmaker as a drying aid/waterless wash when I don't do a contact wash. After a contact wash, I use P&S Beadmaker as a drying aid. It adds 5-10 minutes to my regular wash/rinse routine. The Beadmaker leaves a noticeable gloss and leaves good protection behind, but if you live in a dusty area, nothing is really going to save you from having to rinse the dust off the car on a regular basis.

When I first read your post I though that you wrote Breadmaker instead of Beadmaker. I was thinking, Breadmaker? What kind of name is that for a automotive product? lol

When I first read your post I though that you wrote Breadmaker instead of Beadmaker. I was thinking, Breadmaker? What kind of name is that for a automotive product? lol

Lol! Maybe if the product helped you win car shows, which led to full sponsorships, it could be called "Breadmaker", but that's a pretty big stretch hahah

I've been using Griots Brilliant Finish Rinseless wash for about a year now.
I know you stated waterless, but this is fairly close.

My car is ceramic coated which is why I chose a rinseless wash without wax.

In the winter time, I do something similar in hitting up the DIY car wash and spraying off the heavy stuff. Then it's a short drive to my home garage where I do the rinseless wash. Makes the car shine and the rinseless gets that layer of film off the paint.

You might want to check out the quick spray 'coatings.'
I have Griots 3-in-1 coating that I use on my Explorer. Spray on, wipe off, done.
Helps keep it cleaner longer.

No, I'm not a Griots vendor, just impressed by their products (all 2 that I actually have).

Lol! Maybe if the product helped you win car shows, which led to full sponsorships, it could be called "Breadmaker", but that's a pretty big stretch hahah
More like Breadtaker... ;)

Check this one out. Has all the 1st class quality raves of Duragloss Aquawax, in a waterless wash. And dirt cheap at the dilution rates. Also perfect for cleaning the interior or as a detailer/gloss enhancer

Check this one out. Has all the 1st class quality raves of Duragloss Aquawax, in a waterless wash. And dirt cheap at the dilution rates. Also perfect for cleaning the interior or as a detailer/gloss enhancer

You've spoken highly of Duragloss in the past, so I think I'm going to give it a shot. I'm almost out of what I'm currently using, so I'll grab some 932 to try out.

If money is no object and and you have no hose access:

In reality, you could buy any other foamer and use ammo NYC frothe.

Personally, I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus. It has great cleaning ability.
Yes, this one is insane also. I use it as a quick detailer after the California Duster and it not only cleans/shines, but it leaves a very slick surface too - which isn't even advertised. I use this between washes and Aquawax after a wash

I guess you'd like something more convinent and with less effort, here's my 2 cent.

I also use the local coin-op car wash, usually $2 pressurized soap wash and $2 pressurized rinsing, which gives me about 6 min total.

After that, I backed out to their parking space and use Autoglym AquaWax, it's a kind of "wet wax". I squeez one or two sprays per panel, and waxing while drying them, one panel at a time. Then I'll use a second microfiber towel to buff it off - my product comes with two microfiber towels which is pretty convenient. The two towel waxing and drying process takes me about 30 min.

The benefit of using "wet wax" even tho they may last shorter is that it encourages me to do it more often. Cuz I know if I buy a high tech wax that need a painstakinly job for few hours each time, most likely I'll ended up not doing it.

I’ve switched from the chemical guys synthetic quick detailer to sonax due to wraps and coating. If you’re not into ceramic coating you could give the first one a try. I had really good results especially on Silver paint.

Back