Anyone seen the new Dodge Magnum up close?

MSPinVA

:
2003.5 Silver MSP
.... because IMHO, it is terrible. The thing is TINY compared to what it looks like in pictures, probably around the same size as a P5/MZ3. Granted, a 5.7L Hemi in that small of a vehicle would kick ass, but still. The roofline is waaaaaaaaay too low, looks more like a low slung sportscar with a hatchback than the mini-Durango that I was envisioning, kinda like what the Chevy Nomad concept was going to be, but ugly. Oh well, any one else see one yet?

srt803_03_1024.jpg

Yeah, but have you seen it up close? its not anything what it looks like in pics. Actually, I retract what I said about it being ugly. Its more like a "um..... huh?" thing when you see it in person, not the "oh WOW thats AWESOME" dodge was going for.

MSPinVA said:
The thing is TINY compared to what it looks like in pictures, probably around the same size as a P5/MZ3.
The Dodge Magnum is basically a Chrysler 300 wagon. It is MUCH bigger than a P5 or a Mazda3. It's bigger than a Mazda6 wagon.

I did find that I saw one in a dark red and was like "Eh, it's OK". But then I saw a black one and thought it' looked kick-ass.

Well, it may not actually be tiny, but it looks that way from the outside. Maybe it was how it was angled on the slope on the dealerships lot that made it look wierd. Maybe I'll drive by again and see if it changes my opinion....

Looks much larger than a P5 and the wagon only looks good in black and the deep red imo. I have seen it in just about every color and those are the only two I like. Would be nice to have a Hemi though. But I would take the 300C Hemi over the Magnum any day of the week.

MSPinVA said:
Well, it may not actually be tiny, but it looks that way from the outside. Maybe it was how it was angled on the slope on the dealerships lot that made it look wierd. Maybe I'll drive by again and see if it changes my opinion....
I know what you mean actually. When I first saw the concept pictures last year, I was hoping it was going to be HUGE, like the old-school wagons you could put a sheet of plywood in. Obviously that's not the case, but I'd still take the Magnum over any other wagon or SUV.

newblu3 said:
Looks much larger than a P5 and the wagon only looks good in black and the deep red imo. I have seen it in just about every color and those are the only two I like. Would be nice to have a Hemi though. But I would take the 300C Hemi over the Magnum any day of the week.
(werd)

Ok I found actual dimensions. Anyone that has a P5 and has different measurements for their car please correct. These measurements are in inches.

P5 Length: 170.5
P5 Width: 67.1
P5 Wheelbase: 102.8

Mag Length: 197.7
Mag Width: 74.1
Mag Wheelbase: 120

So it is considerably bigger.

wow, I didn't realize it was that much bigger. Doesn't look it though.... maybe that's a good thing.

thats a hella big difference. know the heights?

P5 Height = 57.8
P5 Curb Weight = 2749

Mag Height = 58.4
Mag Curb Weight = 4120

Those curb weights are with automatic tranny's.

My wife's all for getting rid of her SUV, and getting into a 300C; but I really want her to get the Magnum though.

Too long and fugly! I still can't comprehend Dodge's same front fascias on all of their cars, trucks, and minivans. I guess it is cheaper to make the front grills looking the same. WTF?

you have to hand it to dodge though for making designs that break the norm. It's a bold design, it's different. It's not another camry/accord/sedan look alike every other car kinda deal. For that I like it.

But, I won't buy it. Sorry, still a dodge.

Back