Anyone here have Remote Start?

daan

:
06 "5"
Either factory (if it was available) or aftermarket. The wife wants this for Xmas and I have absolutely no experience with it. I don't know anything about these, so I don't know which ones are good, who to get one put on by, etc. Was there a Mazda one, and is it worth having the dealer put it on? I don't want some 15-year old hacking up my wiring like Best Buy "back in the day" when I last had electronic stuff put in a car of mine, so how do I tell if the install place is good? Thanks in advance!

Either factory (if it was available) or aftermarket. The wife wants this for Xmas and I have absolutely no experience with it. I don't know anything about these, so I don't know which ones are good, who to get one put on by, etc. Was there a Mazda one, and is it worth having the dealer put it on? I don't want some 15-year old hacking up my wiring like Best Buy "back in the day" when I last had electronic stuff put in a car of mine, so how do I tell if the install place is good? Thanks in advance!

One thing I can tell you is that the Mazda unit plugs into the computer system to monitor the engine so it will shut off if anything is wrong. The aftermarket units cannot do that. Also the Mazda unit is fully covered under factory warranty, and is guaranteed to work right with your car.

The aftermarket units will require you to have an extra key made and programmed so it can use it to trick the car into think there is a key in the ignition. the Mazda unit does not need this.

Regardless of who installs it, I highly recommend the Mazda unit for these reasons.

I also happen to sell the unit, so I am biased, but this is still good advice.

You can order one from me (20% off) and take to your dealer for install with full warranty coverage.

Hop this helps answer questiosn.

-Justin

zoomzone:
I am assuming that this remote start unit that you are selling is only for the AT?

I was under the impression that Mazda does not have a remote start unit for MT.

I got an aftermarket one for my AT. Had it installed after a couple of months owning it. Was also worried if there would be any problems getting it aftermarket. So far so good, I got a Hornet alarm/remote start. No need for extra keys to be programed. You just need the 2 keys you have when they install it. The aftermarket ones you can get a lcd remote to see from afar when your car is running.

Back