Anyone else have broken springs?

goldwing2000

Turd in the punch bowl
:
2004 Mazda3s Hatch; 269,000 miles
Eibach Pro Kit, installed 6-14-04, 72k miles ago... BOTH front springs broken.

(notcool)

Will be calling Eibach and the place I got them from (shox.com) tomorrow.

:mad:

Glad I didn't throw the stock springs away... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
no sir.... but damn, keep us posted as to the supplied excuse, and recourse.

good luck

Eibach Pro Kit, installed 6-14-04, 72k miles ago... BOTH front springs broken.

(notcool)

Will be calling Eibach and the place I got them from (shox.com) tomorrow.

:mad:

Glad I didn't throw the stock springs away... :rolleyes:

wtf!. damn im keeping mine! i never throw the stock stuff away!
where u driving when it happened? keep us updated about wat will happen now!?

No idea when it happened. Didn't feel any kind of big BANG or anything that would have tipped me off. Just some squeak-grinding from the front end.
I was putting my summers back on and thought I would investigate the noise. That's when I discovered both front springs were broken. Crazy s***.

The story so far:
Called the place I got them from (shox.com), they called Eibach and apparently they are all out of springs and won't have any until June. The guy at Shox (Bob) said that he had one set on the shelf. So he split the set, I bought the new fronts for $122 (plus $12 shipping and $15 "warranty processing fee") and the new springs are on their way. After I get them, I ship the busticated ones back to Eibach, they send him a new set of front springs and he refunds my $122.

Luckily I can change them myself, so I'm only going to be out about $45. Better than $200 for a whole new set.

No idea when it happened. Didn't feel any kind of big BANG or anything that would have tipped me off. Just some squeak-grinding from the front end.
I was putting my summers back on and thought I would investigate the noise. That's when I discovered both front springs were broken. Crazy s***.

The story so far:
Called the place I got them from (shox.com), they called Eibach and apparently they are all out of springs and won't have any until June. The guy at Shox (Bob) said that he had one set on the shelf. So he split the set, I bought the new fronts for $122 (plus $12 shipping and $15 "warranty processing fee") and the new springs are on their way. After I get them, I ship the busticated ones back to Eibach, they send him a new set of front springs and he refunds my $122.

Luckily I can change them myself, so I'm only going to be out about $45. Better than $200 for a whole new set.

damn man i would had just made em send me a whole new set or bought tein! how many miles had u had them for???

damn man i would had just made em send me a whole new set or bought tein! how many miles had u had them for???

Yeah... that's what I'm saying. Eibach doesn't have any full sets and won't have any till June. I'm not going to drive around on broken springs for two months.

And I don't want Teins. $260 for a whole new set of springs or $45 to replace the Eibachs... not a real tough decision. :rolleyes:

Miles are in the first post. About 72k.

Yeah... that's what I'm saying. Eibach doesn't have any full sets and won't have any till June. I'm not going to drive around on broken springs for two months.

And I don't want Teins. $260 for a whole new set of springs or $45 to replace the Eibachs... not a real tough decision. :rolleyes:

Miles are in the first post. About 72k.

well i only paid 129 for mine... damn but if they lasted 72k guess u cant complain. im not expecting mine to last that long. hopefully they'll go longer! well hope everything turns out they way u want it!

million mile warranty no problem, you will get a replacement no question about it.

Yep. Just have to pay for shipping both ways and the dealer's "warranty processing fee".

Franconemo, If you got Teins for $129, I'm amazed! What dealer is selling them for 50% off suggested retail??

Yep. Just have to pay for shipping both ways and the dealer's "warranty processing fee".

Franconemo, If you got Teins for $129, I'm amazed! What dealer is selling them for 50% off suggested retail??

actually there is a group buy here on the forums for 129 but i actually got mine in December of a power seller on Ebay.

Good deal! Hopefully they last longer than Eibachs.

Although, considering their warranty page has nothing on it, I think I'll stick with Eibach's "Million-Mile Warranty".

Whup... found it:

"Comes with a 1 year limited warranty, spring length is guaranteed not to sag more than 5mm, and be clear of any manufacturer defects."

Good deal! Hopefully they last longer than Eibachs.

Although, considering their warranty page has nothing on it, I think I'll stick with Eibach's "Million-Mile Warranty".

Whup... found it:

"Comes with a 1 year limited warranty, spring length is guaranteed not to sag more than 5mm, and be clear of any manufacturer defects."

fukkk lol i got like 7 months left for my warranty to end lol well they were super cheap and its the drop i wanted. my buddy had them for 30k and no problems lets hope for the best. (and i had them on my integra for ages (well the owner b4 me) and no problems..)

Back