anyone carry skis and snowboards on roof rack?

wah

:
CX-5 GT, BMW M4
I bought OEM crossbars for my roof rails, and installed my Yakima FatCat 4. After installing, I realized that the crossbars don't spread apart enough to get both bindings between the yakima clamps. I don't even have that wide of a stance. Anyone else have this issue? I moved the front crossbar back, so it sits between the bindings, but this isn't ideal because now half the board is in front of the clamp and I can see vibration from the wind being an issue. Also, I haven't tried, but I don't think I'll be able to get a set of skis in there because now the fatcats are too close together. (notcool)

I'm wondering this as well since I just recently bought the OEM roof rails and cross bars

was researching ski/snowboard carriers myself & discovered the one mazda sells through their parts dept is a yakima...from their accessories page:

ROOF RACK-MOUNT (YAKIMA; HOLDS UP TO 4 PAIRS OF SKIS OR 2 SNOWBOARDS) (REQUIRES ROOF RACK/CROSS BARS) NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SKIS AND SNOWBOARDS UNDER 170CM (SPREAD IS MORE THAN 24")

hope this helps

In the picture they use on the mazda accessories site, their ski/snowboard rack is not mounted on the CX-5 crossbars. The pictures I see online of snowboards on an actual CX5 suffer the same issue (one clamp in outside the bindings, one clamp in between). I guess that is just the way it is. The person who designed the roof rails must be a skier. (gah)

Back