Any photographers in here?

Heres a few pics i took this weekend open to comments and tips
3SistersPics9-24-11163.jpg

3SistersPics9-24-11152.jpg

3SistersPics9-24-11080.jpg

3SistersPics9-24-11066.jpg

^last one needs straightening. Your WB looks very warm.

Also, get in the habit of either doing a global "unsharp mask" or selective sharpening with whatever the highest resolution of your file.

Last edited:
And if it wasnt out of frame, that hurts it the most. I would make that "corner" in PS, it's gonna take a while but the end result would be much better.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!! If only the remove before flight had a little less bend. Would be easier to read.

Thanks. It's one of my faves too. I got the "Remove Before Flight" keychain at the National Air and Space Museum in DC. It's bent because it folds up in my pocket. Unfortunately it's permanently bent. I even tried to iron it. :(

And if it wasnt out of frame, that hurts it the most. I would make that "corner" in PS, it's gonna take a while but the end result would be much better.
Yep. Totally agree. Things I would change if I went to shoot it again. This was taken VERY early on in my photography journey before I even thought about such things.

^last one needs straightening. Your WB looks very warm.

Also, get in the habit of either doing a global "unsharp mask" or selective sharpening with whatever the highest resolution of your file.

you messed it up, his picture was warm because it was warm out, I liked his picture better, brings out the reality of climate of that time.

you messed it up, his picture was warm because it was warm out, I liked his picture better, brings out the reality of climate of that time.

Outside temperature has no bearing on white balance. It is definitely on the warm side. You can like the warmth stylistically, but technically it is not the "correct" WB for the situation.

Being that I have no neutral 18% grey to base the WB on, I changed it until I thought it looked right. The license plate frame I believe is white (or near white) so I shot to change that to white.
Also keep in mind I didn't have the full res file to work with, just a small internet download. If I had the original RAW I could have done a MUCH better job.

well played Hawaiian. we're spoiled with the garmin 1000's. i'm just getting into the pilot game, so it'll be a while before I see two engines

well played Hawaiian. we're spoiled with the garmin 1000's. i'm just getting into the pilot game, so it'll be a while before I see two engines

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help! I'm working on my CFI right now and have been flying for a little over 12 years. I have a ton of resources and helpful tips for the budding aviator. Glad you're going for it man!

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help! I'm working on my CFI right now and have been flying for a little over 12 years. I have a ton of resources and helpful tips for the budding aviator. Glad you're going for it man!

Thanks a lot! I'll probably hit you up via PM before long

took a few pics of my friends talon. i know its just a dsm and the car is dirty but i haven't had a chance to shoot much w/ school recently
MG0826-M.jpg

MG0844-M.jpg

I know the background is super busy (lots of light poles and what not) but other then that what do you guys think

took a few pics of my friends talon. i know its just a dsm and the car is dirty but i haven't had a chance to shoot much w/ school recently
MG0826-M.jpg

MG0844-M.jpg

I know the background is super busy (lots of light poles and what not) but other then that what do you guys think

I think this one looks better.
_mg_0817.jpg

Back