Any photographers in here?

How are you liking that new D700?? Saw where you posed the pics of it on TMF. And did you only get two prime lenses? The 50mm and the 180mm?

Love the D700, starting to get comfortable with it now. Yes I bought the Sigma 50 F1.4 EX DG HSM and the Nikkor 180mm F2.8. Sold the 180 2 weeks ago and bought a Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG HSM II. The 180 was nice but too limiting, plus I prefer a bulkier telephoto lens to hang onto. Sigma has a much faster AF. The 50 prime is astounding. Picking up the new Sigma 24-70mm pretty soon.

Last edited:
Love the D700, yes I bought the Sigma 50 F1.4 EX DG HSM and the Nikkor 180mm F2.8. Sold the 180 2 weeks ago and bought a Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG HSM II. The 180 was nice but too limiting, plus I prefer a bulkier telephoto lens to hang onto. Sigma has a much faster AF. The 50 prime is astounding. Picking up the new Sigma 24-70mm pretty soon.

Sweet!! I was wondering about what you were doing with the lenses. If it was just studio work they would have been fine.

And why all Sigma lenses? I've been wanting the Nikkor 70-200 F2.8 VR ever since i got serious about photography. Too bad it has a $1,500 price tag.
Most good F2.8 lenses are too expensive for my pocket.

I'm a huge supporter of Sigma, super quality all around, glass is beautiful and of course performance. Nikkor lenses are nice but price is off and quite frankly some of their high end stuff isn't that great. The 70-200 Nikkor is however. Once the camera starts making money then I can maybe look at Leica and Nikkor for more options.

Last edited:
My latest stuff, new equipment.

HDRDetroit3.jpg

detroit_web.jpg

Beautiful pics! It would be something to actually see the Detroit River that calm. I'd love to come over to Canada just to get some decent pics of the city, isn't too far of a drive for me.

Playing around with Orton and HDR

3399909768_5aa5bc9b06.jpg

See my other stuff on Flickr - Username Thogarwe

Back