Any cargo cover options for those of us with the power tailgate ?

Not available yet.
I will let you know when I find one.
I am looking/waiting for it also.

There is no technical problem. It is just that no such cover is available.
With CX9 at the end of its model year, we probably will see it as an accessory of next model.

There is no technical problem. It is just that no such cover is available.
With CX9 at the end of its model year, we probably will see it as an accessory of next model.
I am also interested in the cargo cover for my cx-9 with power lift gate.. So i know there is no oem cargo cover availble for the power lift gate option but if i use the cargo cover from the non power lift option in my CX-9 do you guys know what would be the issues.. May be we can modify the cargo cover little bit so that it doesn't come on the way of the power lift gate closing etc... any thoughts..

I am also interested in the cargo cover for my cx-9 with power lift gate.. So i know there is no oem cargo cover availble for the power lift gate option but if i use the cargo cover from the non power lift option in my CX-9 do you guys know what would be the issues.. May be we can modify the cargo cover little bit so that it doesn't come on the way of the power lift gate closing etc... any thoughts..

One obvious issue would be: there is no hook for the cover's end rod to latch on to on both ends.
The panels need to be redesigned to accommodate the hooks. No such panel exists yet.

My "solution" was to buy a Rubbermaid container and stick my valuable stuff in there, so people only see a container. A trunk within a trunk. Lame but it works so far.

I thought about getting a power lift gate and installing it but it required additional wiring, that was complex enough to make it not worth it. I was gonna see if I could use my existing panels so the cover would work. Seems strange they didd not make the cover fit both versions.

I've driven SUV's for years.

In every one that came with a window blind like cargo cover I ended up leaving the thing in the garage! (Actually, I sold two once Ebay was invented)

The reasons I did so were.....

• First, they were usually "noisy" when driving down the road.
  • Second, if you had really big things (think 4 sets of golf clubs), they didn't cover them.
  • Third, if you really had to haul something big (like an arcade poker machine), they were just in the way!

Here's my simple but so very workable solution.

Go to Walmart (or a fabric store)and buy 2 yards of clearance black cloth. Last time mine cost $1 yard. Just make sure it's not shiny like silk!

Cover your stuff, when you close the "trunk" with the tinted windows your valuables visually disappear!

It doesn't look like a covered pile of stuff, your cargo hold to the casual observer looks absolutely EMPTY!

• First, it will cover all shapes and sizes of object.
  • Second, it's absolutely silent whether in or out of use.
  • Third, It takes up ZERO space.
  • Fourth (this is just a bonus) you can use it as a ground blanket when changing you tire on a wet road. (don't ask)

Even if you already have a cargo blind, for a few bucks, this would be good to have around for extra large objects.

So I was taking a look at my 2012 CX9 (with power lift gate) the other day and noticed the small panels above the cup holders in the back the other day and later I was surf'n the forum and ran across the Instruction PDF for the Cargo Cover (http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx9tonneaucover.pdf) which showed the mount location to be in what appears to be be same location as the ones on my vehicle. I also have the hook / catch locations as shown in the pdf. Makes me wonder if I have a odd ball car or if they did a change in 2012 that allows the cover to work as it seems all the the things are present in the vehicle to attach a cargo cover.
I have attached a couple of pictures of the tonneau cover cap and one of the hooks / catch (There are two hooks / Catch on each side)

attachment.php

attachment.php

One obvious issue would be: there is no hook for the cover's end rod to latch on to on both ends.
The panels need to be redesigned to accommodate the hooks. No such panel exists yet.

Thanks for the picts. I was going to buy this noisy $400 window shade for my 2012 w power tailgate and decided to put it on hold...

We do have the front bracket as you discovered but lack the correct rear one. You will see the cutout tab on one side at the proper height but not on the other side, which I believe houses the motor for our lift gate. I think the only solution is to kluge together a strap to the lower cargo tiedowns as described in this thread.

Maybe someone could post a pict of what this rear bracket is supposed to look like - on a manual gate...

So I was taking a look at my 2012 CX9 (with power lift gate) the other day and noticed the small panels above the cup holders in the back the other day and later I was surf'n the forum and ran across the Instruction PDF for the Cargo Cover (http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx9tonneaucover.pdf) which showed the mount location to be in what appears to be be same location as the ones on my vehicle. I also have the hook / catch locations as shown in the pdf. Makes me wonder if I have a odd ball car or if they did a change in 2012 that allows the cover to work as it seems all the the things are present in the vehicle to attach a cargo cover.
I have attached a couple of pictures of the tonneau cover cap and one of the hooks / catch (There are two hooks / Catch on each side)

I had posted some pics previously of what I did on my car...

i-LGLLMth-L.jpg

i-8d8qCPv-L.jpg

i-kDfrJgt-L.jpg

Temp solution, but it works good for us on a few roadtrips...
i-Nf4CRLr-L.jpg

i-xm4dtZ2-L.jpg

i-bHZ8PFR-L.jpg

That's a good quick fix.

In pdxa4's last 2 picts, you can see an access cover for the brackets that are supposed to be used to secure the rear of the cargo cover. There in the upper right. These are level with the front support brackets, which all CX-9s have.

But on the power gate models there is no bracket on the rear left side. The lift gate motor is in there.

I would guess that any number of hooks could be added on the left side, to the surface, to hold the cover at the correct height.

Anyone have a picture of the stock Mazda retainer hooks?

Back