Any car seat recommendations for 2022 CX-9?

I’m looking to replace my 3 years old car seat for a new one, just bought our new 2022 Cx9 carbon edition with the captain seats and I was wondering if there’s is any car seat that would fit perfectly here. Looking for something compact. The car seat I have is huge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 160
My kids are grown now, but, let me tell you, *don't cheap out*. Also, after you get your new seat installed, stop by your local Firehouse, let the guys on duty check out the install for you to make sure it's perfect. Just knock on the door, someone will answer. They are always happy to do it.

Pic related, my oldest was 6 months old when this happened to us in my 93 Protege.

Attachments

• 1993Mazda.Protege.jpg
    1993Mazda.Protege.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 167
My kids are grown now, but, let me tell you, *don't cheap out*. Also, after you get your new seat installed, stop by your local Firehouse, let the guys on duty check out the install for you to make sure it's perfect. Just knock on the door, someone will answer. They are always happy to do it.

Pic related, my oldest was 6 months old when this happened to us in my 93 Protege.

100% correct. Go to your local PD or FD and ask for their thoughts. They prob. have good insight as they see the things you hope to never see.

I have a britax « grow with you » clicktight
that works well in my 2018 with bench seat.

Diono car seat are usually amongst the most compact, but if your child is outgrowing the car seat shown in the picture you may be able to get by with a booster seat very soon.

Also check the car seat manual, some seat (like mine) need to have the headrest removed.

image.jpg

I have two Diono Radian 3RXT seats for my 4 year old and 1 year old.

20220812_153558.jpg
20220812_153529.jpg

I could fit a 3rd car seat in the middle if needed. The rear facing seat does take up a lot of room, but I can still sit in the front passenger seat comfortably. Bench seat is at it's most rearward position. The microfiber towel is just there to prevent squeaking noises from the top of the car seat rubbing against the metal posts of the front passenger headrest.

Switched the rear-facing seat to forward-facing a couple of days ago. Lots of room for 3rd row ingress/egress on the passenger side now.

20220817_085124.jpg

Following. We just bought a '22 Touring Plus. Have a baby coming in 5 days, so rear facing infant car seat for now but want to find a well fitting convertible for later.

First off congratulations!

I have a 2020 CX-9 Signature with the Captains chairs. We started with Graco setups since we like to click in and out of the strollers. Nothing wrong with any of the other name brand setups like Britax we've just had nothing but good things to say about Graco's stuff. Their customer support is also top notch.

Once you've committed to a quality brand (again, don't go cheap!), its fair to acknowledge there are a multitude of models. Its worth comparing them side by side to sort out if you're actually paying for features or just marketing at that point.

I also 100% second the advice to stop by your nearest fire station to have them check out you've installed it correctly. Even better, many places have scheduled car seat clinic days where they clear out the fire station bays and you can actually drive inside to get it checked out. Calling your local hospital's maternity department is a good place to start if you don't find the dates just searching their website. Here in Minnesota, our hospital sent us home with dates and contact info after my son was born. The car seat clinic people are genuinely glad to help out, just remember the manuals for your car seat and your car. While I can now install these seats in my sleep, when we first bought them it was not nearly so obvious how to do it right.

My my younger infant son we have the Graco "Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 DLX"

For my older son, we bought the Graco 4Ever 4 in 1 seat since we could pick it up at Costco when he was too big for the infant seat. We still have it facing rearward and it fits great. It looks like the "base" 4Ever model we bought is discontinued but I'd have to imagine the newer DLX model, etc fit just as well.

Finally, these were recommended to me by another guy on this forum and they are worth every penny (they are not expensive to start with). They also install in roughly 15 seconds.

Last edited:
I have been using Clek and love them very much. Now have 1 Clek Oobr and 2 Fllos (Rear facing) in the 2nd row. Also had 1 Oobr, 1 Fllo (Rear facing) and 1 Liing in the 2nd row. Also was able to fit 1 Oobr, 1 Liing and 1 Nuna Pipa in the 2nd row.

Attachments

• PXL_20220402_194858978.jpeg
    PXL_20220402_194858978.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20220402_194913429.jpeg
    PXL_20220402_194913429.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 102
I've got a Nuna Rava (rear facing still) behind the passenger seat (I opted to go bench in the 2nd row). I'm 5'7 and have the passenger seat pushed right upto the car seat (with a small gap, 1/4" at most) and there's plenty of leg room for me.

We had the UppaBaby Mesa when our little guy was younger in our CX-5. It felt a little cramped in the front passenger seat, but could still easily do a 3+ hour road trip.

I can definitely say that there is more room/space overall in the CX9 compared to the CX5.

We've got a Nuna Pipa Lite LX currently, which is rear facing and the front seat doesn't go back insanely far, but my wife sits there or in the back so it's comfortable. How far back can it go with the Rava?

I’m looking to replace my 3 years old car seat for a new one, just bought our new 2022 Cx9 carbon edition with the captain seats and I was wondering if there’s is any car seat that would fit perfectly here. Looking for something compact. The car seat I have is huge.
I have this Chico 2n1. Narrow base, east for him to click himself in without the seatbelt being lost under the base, comfortable head bolsters for when my kid naps, no aggressive graphics either. I recall paying much less at target. Also, once he outgrows the back, he can still use the booster. Light enough to not destroy the leather either (will leave some dents for a few days). Like other have said, you get what you pay for.

4D4CE7FC-8CEA-4C81-9CB4-A6B3029D874A.jpeg

Back